What is the salary for neurosurgical physician assistants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChandlalGupta

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is salary like for Neurosurgical Physician Assistants? I browse a lot of webpages but I do not find good information. They all say the mean salary for physician assistant in surgery specialties is $80,000-$95,000 but I know physician assistants in surgery specialties like neurosurgery and cardiothoracic surgery earn a lot more money. Can anybody provide the input for me?

I am sorry for my English. English is not my first language. I am surgeon from India.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Chandlal Gupta, M.D.

Members don't see this ad.

What is salary like for Neurosurgical Physician Assistants? I browse a lot of webpages but I do not find good information. They all say the mean salary for physician assistant in surgery specialties is $80,000-$95,000 but I know physician assistants in surgery specialties like neurosurgery and cardiothoracic surgery earn a lot more money. Can anybody provide the input for me?

I am sorry for my English. English is not my first language. I am surgeon from India.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Chandlal Gupta, M.D.
You can find salary and other information for various PA specialties here:
http://www.aapa.org/research/SpecialtyReports07/index.html

The mean salary for neurosurgery PAs is $95,000.

David Carpenter, PA-C

at the academic institution where I am the neurosurg pa's make 95k and work 33hrs/wk

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I am uncertain how that mean salary is calculated. In the Northeast where I am practicing PAs in neurosurgery with experience command salaries in the 100-120's range in hospital settings. Not sure how private practice fairs.

Are you applying to PA school? Will you be learning english and coming here to practice?

Quite a range and it varies with region, experience and academic/private practice.

Region: Northeast low and West higher

Experience: Self-explanatory

Academic vs. Private: Private tends to make more.

Not unusual for those not in the northeast with a few years in private practice to make 100,000+

at the academic institution where I am the neurosurg pa's make 95k and work 33hrs/wk

Call, no call? This sounds too good to be true...please forward me the HR number.;)

j/k:D

I'm an NP in the Northeast who works in neurosurg. I take call and spend about 30% of my time in the OR. I am just out of school and earn a salary in the mid 90's (40hrs/wk). We have NP's and PA's on our team. Hope this helps.