Medical What is the maximum amount of LOR can you submit to accomas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantacles

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the maximum amount of LOR can you submit to accomas? And how many do you recommend?
I'm not familiar with AACOMAS, but I would take a look at the number of letters required for the individual schools you are applying to. If you have 4 great letters from people who know you, that is no worse than 6 great letters from people who know you. But if you have 4 great letters and 2 mediocre letters, that's definitely worse. Ultimately, my advice is to submit only your best letters. In other words, submit only the letters from people who know you well and you are 100% confident will write strongly about you. If that's 4, great. If it's 6, great. If it's 8, great.

Members don't see this ad.

Totally agree with the above. Submitting letters purely just to submit more letters waters down your good letters. You want letters from people that know you very well and can write you a strong, personal letter. Getting a letter from a doctor you shadowed for one day isn’t gonna help you. The letter from the PI you worked with for 3 years and have published with who knows your work ethic will.

Status
Not open for further replies.