What Is the Likelihood of Getting off of the Waitlist at This Point? (Financial Decision)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScrubswithnoSleeves

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

So I have been accepted to a medical school and plan on attending as of right now, but am still on the waitlist at my top choice school NYULI. NYULI emailed me saying I was on the * high-priority waitlist* and then rejected many of the other applicants on the waitlist according to the SDN thread. So, My chances of getting off the WL if there is movement are decent I think.

The school I am accepted to requires that I pay my tuition this upcoming Tuesday, though I have yet to contact anyone to see if I can get an extension. I am wondering if it is worth it to do my best to extend the payment date (nag/email people, set up a minimum payment plan, etc).

TLDR: What is the likelihood of WL movement this late in the cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know the answer to your question, but is the tuition refundable until a certain date? If you're paying with fed loans it definitely is.

Reactions: 2 users
I think it might be worth sending an email to NYULI asking what their plan with WL is like and if they are expecting to pull people off WL before next Tuesday. If you feel iffy about mentioning your other acceptances maybe just say you need to know this in order to make some decisions on your end.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know the answer to your question, but is the tuition refundable until a certain date? If you're paying with fed loans it definitely is.
I couldn't find anything at first, but then just found their refund policy on the website and it is as long as I withdraw before starting school. Thank you! That makes me much less stressed.

Reactions: 1 users
I think it might be worth sending an email to NYULI asking what their plan with WL is like and if they are expecting to pull people off WL before next Tuesday. If you feel iffy about mentioning your other acceptances maybe just say you need to know this in order to make some decisions on your end.
Thanks, I will do that. I don't feel iffy about mentioning my acceptance, as I would reassure them they are my top choice. Should I feel iffy? haha

Have you wrote a letter of interest to NYULI? I wrote a couple when I applied to med school and it got me an acceptance to where I wanted to go.

Have you wrote a letter of interest to NYULI? I wrote a couple when I applied to med school and it got me an acceptance to where I wanted to go.
Yeah, I wrote them a letter of intent saying I will attend if accepted.

Reactions: 1 user