What is the different between about General Biology and Anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RascalCA4Life

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i thought PCAT Biology section was about General biology, why are u guys mention about Anatomy in it...i never took Anatomy class but i know it is about bones and stuffs....but all the questions on PCAT Biology was all in the class "General Biology I and II"

Members don't see this ad.

PCAT stands for Pharmacy College Admissions Test. As an admissions test, it is designed (supposedly) to test your readiness to enter a school of pharmacy. One of the prerequisites for most, if not all, pharmacy schools is Anatomy. Therefore, it makes sense (to me at least) that Anatomy would appear on an admissions test.

Many questions in the biology section WERE from General Biology, but not all of them.

Good luck,
Troy

Within the last two years or so, the PCAT has come to include MORE "anatomy" in the section labeled "biology". Also, be aware the chemistry section is about half and half as far as general chem & organic. The amount of organic has increased also in the last couple of years.

Good luck :)