What is the Best residence to stay in at Trinity?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

benzylique

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey to anyone who goes to trinity... I know leorl does.... but anyways!
I was wondering what is the best Residences to apply for...

I was hoping to get a single room but i have no idea about the residences...

thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,

I just applied to residence, and I'm pretty sure that we only have the choice of off-campus res anyways. It just seems that they reserve the on-campus for special cases, and their stats seem to show that 100% of the international student spots are at Trinity Hall.

Try checking out the online application form, and see what choices you have.

Cheers,

J

Slam Master J said:
Hi there,

I just applied to residence, and I'm pretty sure that we only have the choice of off-campus res anyways. It just seems that they reserve the on-campus for special cases, and their stats seem to show that 100% of the international student spots are at Trinity Hall.

Try checking out the online application form, and see what choices you have.

Cheers,

J

Hi Slam master J....

I am a international student coming from canada.... Does that mean i stay at tirnity hall... or... do i go off campus res?

Thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi hi,

I totally forgot to mention that I'm coming from Canada too (Vancouver), so I'm in the same boat as you. I'm not totally sure where us international cats will end up, but I did drop into accomodation services while in Dublin earlier this year. The guy I talked to said that I just had to fill out the online form and let the process happen. So, sounds like we're in the same boat as every other incoming student.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but I'd love to have those answers myself. Whatever happens though, it's going to be fun.

Cheers,

J

P.S. Trinity Hall is the off-campus res.

As a first year international student, most likely you'll get Trinity Halls (in Rathmines which would be about a 30-40 min walk depending how fast you walk, about a 12 min cycle (although longer on the way up cuz it's a slight long hill) or you can bus as well which can be frustrating during rush hour. Trinity Halls are nice tho. Don't bring loads of crap because it's not that spacious, but they're nice.

The other place you'd probably be offered rooms is Goldsmith Hall (on campus) - some people think it's ok but I'd personally never live there. It's like an asylum. Like white cinder block walls and quite cramped. You could potentially also be offered Pearse St. (which is hit or miss as to whether your room is decent or tiny), or the GMB which is good.

Most likely with the renovation of Hall and stuff though, you'll either be offered a place there or Goldsmith Hall.

You can put down whatever you'd like on the form...it won't really count for much ;).