What is it like dealing with insurance in private practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

racermike1967

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can any currently employed ENT's provide their experiences in dealing with insurance companies while working in private practice?

I would love to hear input from ENTs that have been practicing for a while.

Is it as bad as the physicians in other specialties claim it to be?
I have read in several other posts that it is so bad that some physicians are considering going back to school for a different career.

What are your thoughts/experiences?

Thank you all.

Members don't see this ad.

Can any currently employed ENT's provide their experiences in dealing with insurance companies while working in private practice?

I would love to hear input from ENTs that have been practicing for a while.

Is it as bad as the physicians in other specialties claim it to be?
I have read in several other posts that it is so bad that some physicians are considering going back to school for a different career.

What are your thoughts/experiences?

Thank you all.

Yes, it sucks, probably as bad as you've heard. But you need to ask a bit more specifically than that to get a reasonably useful answer.

Yes, it sucks, probably as bad as you've heard. But you need to ask a bit more specifically than that to get a reasonably useful answer.

Thank you for replying.

I don't have a specific insurance-related question but I just wanted to get a feel for how the medical specialties fare with the insurance companies. I know with Family practice it is a very huge pain in the rear to the point where physicians consider other careers but do the specialtists feel the same way?

Thank you for replying.

I don't have a specific insurance-related question but I just wanted to get a feel for how the medical specialties fare with the insurance companies. I know with Family practice it is a very huge pain in the rear to the point where physicians consider other careers but do the specialtists feel the same way?

yep