What ever happened to Loyola??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calbear15

CalBear15
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard anyone on the forum mention Loyola lately? What happened? They rejected me, but did anyone else get in?

I remember reading about someone else that got rejected by Loyola but got into a bunch of much better schools. What's the deal with them? What kind of students are they looking for?

Members don't see this ad.

calbear15 said:
I haven't heard anyone on the forum mention Loyola lately? What happened? They rejected me, but did anyone else get in?

I remember reading about someone else that got rejected by Loyola but got into a bunch of much better schools. What's the deal with them? What kind of students are they looking for?

They rejected me as well. I haven't heard too much about their program. I am curious to hear about how great it is.

ctothed said:
They rejected me as well. I haven't heard too much about their program. I am curious to hear about how great it is.

Yah, me too. I got rejected by them, and my current PI's best friend is on the adcom out there. So yeah, I'm curious to find out what they're looking for as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Virgins. I bet they're looking for virgins. 30 year old Virgins.

(i'm only twenty-eight. that's probably why i didn't qualify ;) )

Truthfully, I'm baffled. I can't imagine Loyola being more selective than the more established programs like G-Town and BU.

jklasser17 said:
... my current PI's best friend is on the adcom out there.
Which adcom? The reason I ask is that Stritch School of Medicine's admissions committee is independent of the admissions members of Loyola's MA in Medical Sciences program.

If Loyola is more selective than the G-town, BU, and similar programs, I must admit I'm shocked. I think the latter are better choices and have more significant and effective track records.

However, if Loyola's program is more selective this year and only accepts applicants with higher academic credentials, then it's likely the program will probably have a more impressive track record in years to come (regardless if it's the program that's making the difference in the students' applications or not).

calbear15, for some reason I didn't think you were anywhere near 28. :confused:

Phil Anthropist said:
calbear15, for some reason I didn't think you were anywhere near 28. :confused:

Age is only a state of mind. I'm about as sophisticated as a horny 15 year old.