what does an img need to get into IR fellowship ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

img success rate in getting IR fellowship in USA

• Total voters

JOKER007

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I m an img & doing radiodiagnosis in my home country. I m deeply interested in IR & need to know how to get into good IR fellowship program in USA.
What is required in CV/ RESUME to be considered challenging candidate for fellowship for IMG in this field ?
It would be g8 if someone could give major points in serial order.

Members don't see this ad.

What is your ultimate goal? Staying in US or going back to you home country?

What is your ultimate goal? Staying in US or going back to you home country?

I want to study, gain knowledge & go back to my home country. no intent for staying usa as of now.

Members don't see this ad :)
IR has become more competitive. Still if you look around, you may find a fellowship though it will be very tough.

... I am an USIMG with a US residency in rads, and as far as I can tell IR is going to be nearly impossible for me to get.

U mean to say that IR fellowship is competitive for US AMG, let alone IMGs.

I get it, but I want to get into fellowship in MSK or neurorad or IR. what should I do to get it ?
What r the IMG friendly radiology programs ?
What all things , exams , scores will I need to get in order to be competitive in terms of matching into the program ?

Plz do tell guys.

did you even do a residency in the states?

No I didn't do residency in USA but in my home country. How to get iR fellowships in USA. Plz guide.