What do you think

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tifftaff81

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how I am going to be able to take all the pre-reqs, work and get some research under my belt. I have found a part-time job which I am hoping to interview with soon. It is a RN position with a pharmaceutical research company. They have participants at the location that I would be monitoring their progress during the research. The job title is RN clinical research assistant. I want to work there maybe 2-4 hours a week, go to school and work my 3 12 hours shifts on the weekend. Do you think this holds any weight in the research category of applying???

I am going to start volunteering mentoring, reading with kids at the elementary school. This is through the county. Because I am an RN, I wanted to go a different route. I thought it would be nice too since I had difficulty reading as a child and needed extra help. Do you think this is a good volunteer opportunity??

Members don't see this ad.

I am trying to figure out how I am going to be able to take all the pre-reqs, work and get some research under my belt. I have found a part-time job which I am hoping to interview with soon. It is a RN position with a pharmaceutical research company. They have participants at the location that I would be monitoring their progress during the research. The job title is RN clinical research assistant. I want to work there maybe 2-4 hours a week, go to school and work my 3 12 hours shifts on the weekend. Do you think this holds any weight in the research category of applying???

I am going to start volunteering mentoring, reading with kids at the elementary school. This is through the county. Because I am an RN, I wanted to go a different route. I thought it would be nice too since I had difficulty reading as a child and needed extra help. Do you think this is a good volunteer opportunity??

Anybody have any advice on the above??
Also another question, someone mentioned clinical volunteering. As a RN do I need clinical volunteering or can I do something different? I don't want to appear so heavily stacked clinically. I want to broaden my horizons and do something different anyhow.