What do you think of my study plan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RopingDoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be starting med school next fall and I'm already trying to put together a study strategy for class exams and step 1 prep. I would appreciate any advice! This is my current plan:

1. Watch lecturio videos night before lecture
2. Attend lecture/Take notes
3. Fill in any holes in understanding after lecture using a review book (brs, HY)
4. Assemble step 1 notes/flashcards using FA
5. Use old exams/Dejavu/pre made cards to study before tests

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I just started med school this fall. I want to use lecturio as well to supplement FA and go through the questions til there is no tomorrow... but yeah, you still have time, go and relax. and good luck!

I will be starting med school next fall and I'm already trying to put together a study strategy for class exams and step 1 prep. I would appreciate any advice! This is my current plan:

1. Watch lecturio videos night before lecture
2. Attend lecture/Take notes
3. Fill in any holes in understanding after lecture using a review book (brs, HY)
4. Assemble step 1 notes/flashcards using FA
5. Use old exams/Dejavu/pre made cards to study before tests

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
This is a great plan assuming you have the time and energy to do #4 on top of schoolwork. It's great to have a plan ahead of time, and you may be one of the few brilliant minds who just has info stick really well (meaning less time spent reviewing class material), but for the most part, there's no real way to prepare for the rigor of med school. I'm only a second year, but my study style has shifted and changed over the last 1.5 years with different material. Some things click better than others. You'll figure out what works for you as you go along, don't stress too much about it now. As others have said, enjoy these next months. Best to you.