What do you do between end of interview and departure flight?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Do Ray

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
For example, if my interviews ends at 4pm, but I'm catching an 8pm flight later. What does one usually do with their luggage, since the hotel/airbnb requires checkout by then? thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

Most hotels will let you store luggage in a side room. I think some schools do as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Most hotels will let you store luggage in a side room. I think some schools do as well.

Do people usually just hang out between the time their hotel checkout and flight departure?

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't had any dental school interviews yet but when my wife was interviewing we tried to get a feel for the town a little before we left.

If you end up having options between schools making sure you like the area you'll be in for 4 years I feel is important.

Reactions: 1 users
I sat in the airport and watched Netflix on my phone.

Reactions: 1 user
I've been exploring around. Trying to imagine myself living there. Not necessarily sight see, but just soak in the environment.

Most airports have a bar. That’s what they're for. Hanging around.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I went to the movies when I had that big of a gap, or just traveled around.

4 hours really isn't that much time. By the time you drive to the airport, check your bag(s) in, and go through security, you'll probably be 2 hours away from boarding. I usually grabbed food and chilled at the airport. If I had a lot of time, I sometimes met up with people from my interview day and explored the city a little bit.

Reactions: 1 user
You get to check out the cool airport lounges if you have a chase sapphire reserve or amex card.