what do u write on thank you letters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thedman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
so what do we write on the thank you letter?
should we write that we will rank a program highly or not mention it at all?
any input is appreciated.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Dear Dr. Hiott,
Thank you so much for taking the time to meet with me during my interview at
the Medical University of South Carolina. I enjoyed our discussion of the strengths of your training program, including the stability of the program, the numerous opportunities for resident involvement in research, and the responsiveness of the department to residents' needs. I would also like to thank you for your hospitality during my visit, specifically providing the opportunity to stay at the Meeting Street Inn and your personal tour of Charleston.
I was especially impressed by the overwhelming happiness and satisfaction of
your residents and the respect the Department of Psychiatry receives from other departments at MUSC. I feel that your program offers excellent training and didactics, a diversity of clinical experiences for a well-rounded education, and the opportunity to pursue my research interests. I enjoyed meeting with several residents during my stay in Charleston, who lauded the faculty's interest in resident feedback, as evidenced by the recent implementation of a night float system.
I would like to express a strong interest in your program, as I feel that it will
provide me with the training I am seeking in a desirable location. I plan to return to Charleston in January to take a second look at the program and pursue employment opportunities for my husband.
Sincerely,

Marcia L. Verduin

second sample:
Dear Dr. (Interviewer),
Thank you very much for interviewing me for the Internal Medicine Residency Program on (date). I really enjoyed meeting you and learning more about the position. I appreciate you taking your time out to talk to me about my qualifications and interest in the position.
After meeting you and Dr. (2nd interviewer) and seeing the hospital first hand, I am convinced that (name of the hospital) is one of the very best among the select few programs to which I have applied. I liked the program very much because of the wide spectrum of patients, its solid foundation in academics and research, the fellowship opportunities it provides and the dedicated faculty. I will definitely rank it very high in the Match.
Please let me know if you believe that a second meeting, or any other information I can give, would be helpful to you. I can be reached either by phone at (406-535-2345), or via email: ([email protected].)
Thank you so much once again. I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,

(Your Name)