What do Pre-Naplex scores really mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m1k1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've read on the forum that getting a score of 75 or greater on the Pre-Naplex means that you are ready to take the NAPLEX and receive a passing score.

I have also heard if you score greater than 100 on the Pre-Naplex that means you are ready for the CPJE.

Can anyone comment on this with your experience or what you may have heard? Thanks all.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I've read on the forum that getting a score of 75 or greater on the Pre-Naplex means that you are ready to take the NAPLEX and receive a passing score.

I have also heard if you score greater than 100 on the Pre-Naplex that means you are ready for the CPJE.

Can anyone comment on this with your experience or what you may have heard? Thanks all.

PreNaplex gives you a weighted score plus a range. If your "range" falls above 75, then in theory, you are ready to take the naplex. Several people have recently posted Prenaplex grades of 11x, and scored approximately 10 points lower on the actual test. All of the scores I have seen have fallen within the score ranges. Nothing is certain however, only test when you are ready.

I'm not familiar with the CPJE, but there is no direct correlation between the state law exams and the Prenaplex. Prenaplex is old questions from the naplex, not any state law exam.

I took the pre-Naplex and got a score in the 90s.

I studied for 5 hours, basically just reading the APhA book one time and then focusing on some important stuff I highlighted along the way...got a score in the 120s...

Hey guys,

Pre-naplex exam means nothing. I did not score well at all for Pre-naplex, and i took it twice but i passed naplex with a decent score.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My actual NAPLEX score was 10 points below my pre-NAPLEX score. However, I think the pre-NAPLEX is a fairly good predictor of how you will do on the actual test.

My actual score reflects inadequate time management problems and, frankly, some terror-induced performance factors. Subtracting these issues I feel I would have met or exceeded my pre-NAPLEX score.

I feel that if the range of your scores is within passing, you are going to be alright.

Cat

I got a 93 on my prenaplex. I failed my naplex and got a 74. I don't think pre naplex is a very good indicator, it is good to calm your nerves before the exam.

I got a 93 on my prenaplex. I failed my naplex and got a 74. I don't think pre naplex is a very good indicator, it is good to calm your nerves before the exam.

What was your scaled range??? Was it completely above 75?

There will always be outliers - and missing it by one is rough (no matter how you look at it).

sorry that you failed....i have to agree with you that pre-naplex wasnt a good indicator. i score low on it, almost failed, but i passed naplex and got better score....and as far as studying after the pre-naplex, i didnt do anything different at all

I don't remember my scaled score that well. I think it was 73-110 but I can't be positive. I thought the scaled score was just a range because actual naplex scores are not reported as a scale but as a number. Anyway - it is just my bad luck. Have to wait 91 days now and face the embarassment at work.

Hey guys, Im taking my test in 2 weeks, and i took the prenaplex online and i have no clue how they score this test. i got 55 and the range was 33-74...can anyone help what does that mean?
all the questions i got was about TPN and statistic nothing about medication everything was calculation on TPN's.

I also took the rxprep test and i got 85%

please help with the prenaplex score im freaking out with a 55....THanks

Reactions: 1 user
hi guys, i am taking my naplex in less than 2 weeks, i am a little nervous, i have been studying from the rxprep only, has anyone studied from that book only and who did u do on ur naplex,another question; how about the biostatics !!! will i get a lot questions on that topic and is the calculaions chapter enough ?!

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys, i am taking my naplex in less than 2 weeks, i am a little nervous, i have been studying from the rxprep only, has anyone studied from that book only and who did u do on ur naplex,another question; how about the biostatics !!! will i get a lot questions on that topic and is the calculaions chapter enough ?!

RxPrep alone is enough for the knowledge portion of the exam. I know people who studied only RxPrep and destroyed the Naplex. That being said, I used it as a spot reference (my school purchased it for us).

For math, checkout the 120 question math practice that is posted on this forum - if you can do the math in said document, you are good to go.

As for stats... know Absolute Risk Reduction, Relative Risk Reduction, Number needed to treat / harm, P value interpretation, confidence interval interpretation (both numerical and graphical). The stats may be questioned in either a profile or single question format.

It is best to go through the "knowledge books" one or two times. Then turn your focus to "spot" studying for areas you are weak on.

Hey guys, Im taking my test in 2 weeks, and i took the prenaplex online and i have no clue how they score this test. i got 55 and the range was 33-74...can anyone help what does that mean?
all the questions i got was about TPN and statistic nothing about medication everything was calculation on TPN's.

I also took the rxprep test and i got 85%

please help with the prenaplex score im freaking out with a 55....THanks

The PreNaplex helps highlight areas you need to focus on... Obviously TPN info and TPN calculations you are weak on. Hit those subjects hard for a day. You can sit the PreNaplex twice.

I wouldn't sit the Naplex scoring a 55 on the PreNaplex. While it is apparent that the scores can be as much as 20-30 points off... 55 is low enough for concern.

Perhaps you should continue your studies? It is $50 should you choose to change your Naplex test date.

Thank you for your help,
ya i will take another prenaplex the week before the naplex. i heard there is 2 version of the test. I have been focusing on the TPN. and i have been studying from apha and doing there questions and questions from RX-prep. all those scores are above 75% except the pre-naplex.

you said there are 120 math questions posted, do you have the link?

god only knows how i am so lost...do u know where is the most condensed part for statistics study ...and how will the questions about p-value will be like, is it a definition oriented question, like what does that mean ?
i heard that i might get fill in the blanks...eg: k concentration. does it come with the unit and i just have to add the number or i have to figure out the unit too...i know that i ask to much but i really in need of any help.

god only knows how i am so lost...do u know where is the most condensed part for statistics study ...and how will the questions about p-value will be like, is it a definition oriented question, like what does that mean ?
i heard that i might get fill in the blanks...eg: k concentration. does it come with the unit and i just have to add the number or i have to figure out the unit too...i know that i ask to much but i really in need of any help.

hi egyrx...you can study the statistic part if you have old school notes. i know APHA doesnt have it, although they have a kinetic book.
when is your exam?

my exam is on 8/23 ; after 12 days from now and i only have the rxprep but i feel that it is so much summarized on statistics

You'll be fine with RxPrep. I only read about 400 out of the 500+ pages in the book. Then I did the 120 calculations questions that is on this forum. That's all I did and I did fine on the NAPLEX. You really don't need to know that much about statistics. I think I had 2 stats questions.

my exam is on 8/23 ; after 12 days from now and i only have the rxprep but i feel that it is so much summarized on statistics

o cool, im taking my exam on the 23rd too....the people i worked with did rxprep and they passed, im doing some notes from rxprep like oncology and HIV it breaks it down better than APHA...good luck

i just took the pe naplex test, i scored 64 with a range 46-82....i am taking the exam on the 23 rd...is this real bed ,plz help me..i am so hesitant abt everything now.do i need to re scedule or what.

i just took the pe naplex test, i scored 64 with a range 46-82....i am taking the exam on the 23 rd...is this real bed ,plz help me..i am so hesitant abt everything now.do i need to re scedule or what.

thats exactly why i didnt bother with the pre naplex. its a total confidence buster.

I graduated about a week ago (August grad). Haven't even got my ATT yet but I just took Pre-Naplex to know where to start. My score is 89, 70-107 range. I found most questions difficuly except calculations. But then I can work maths while sleeping. So now I know I need to study other topics a lot, except calculations.

Do you think APhA review is adequate? That's all I plan on doing + studying my top 200 major points - AEs, CIs, BB warnings, pregg cats, etc

i took the pre nplex, and there was a stupid calculator popping up, without even numbering of its buttons, will it be the same during the exam, and am i allowed to ask for a handed-calculator.

i took the pre nplex, and there was a stupid calculator popping up, without even numbering of its buttons, will it be the same during the exam, and am i allowed to ask for a handed-calculator.

You can use a handheld for the actual exam, but you have to ask for one.

not reliable at all.

NOT RELIABLE at all.

I did way over what they suspected of what I would do.

I got 109 in Pre-NAPLEX and 113 in NAPLEX. Pre definitely helped me see how prepared I was. I didn't study much after the Pre-NAPLEX until I took the actual test 3 days days.
If you score >100, I think you can pass as long as take it with confidence and read back your questions and answers.

i studied the apha book, and prontopass math, no pre naplex, and got a 104 (although we all know the score actually means nothing)

HEY GUYS I TOOK PRE-NAPLEX TWICE AND I GOT A 65...MY TEST IS ON MONDAY DOES THAT MEAN IM GOING TO FAIL NAPLEX?
im studying from the rxprep book...help

hi noodle123....i am taking my exam after tomorrow like u, although my pre naplex was not that promising , just try to forget about it ,just know ur weakness points and work on it...do ur best and god will do the rest...i am studying from rxprep as well and we'll see

HEY GUYS I TOOK PRE-NAPLEX TWICE AND I GOT A 65...MY TEST IS ON MONDAY DOES THAT MEAN IM GOING TO FAIL NAPLEX?
im studying from the rxprep book...help
I would say 65 is kind of low. But relax, and relax during the exam. Read and understand the question stem, think about what will be the answer and what should not be an answer, and give it a stab and move on, not looking or thinking back. The exam is designed for you to pass.

Wishing you success.

**Now if only my school will forward my name to the Board so I can schedule mine...***

I scored 116 on the Pre-Naplex and felt terrible about the real one which I took a few days ago. I missed so many questions that I was supposed to get right (cannot believe I got Naltrexone and Naloxone mixed up). It would be a miracle if I pass.:scared:

hi noodle123....i am taking my exam after tomorrow like u, although my pre naplex was not that promising , just try to forget about it ,just know ur weakness points and work on it...do ur best and god will do the rest...i am studying from rxprep as well and we'll see

How did you do today? I had some random questions that didnt even make sense. like i had to read an EKG graph...

I scored 116 on the Pre-Naplex and felt terrible about the real one which I took a few days ago. I missed so many questions that I was supposed to get right (cannot believe I got Naltrexone and Naloxone mixed up). It would be a miracle if I pass.:scared:

I totally feel the same way! I scored a 111 on the pre-naplex (range 87-125 i think?) on saturday 8/21. It made me feel a lot less anxious, since others have been saying that there is a good correlation between pre-naplex and naplex scores. I even got excited when some people said that you can score higher on the actual naplex!! However after taking the real deal this morning, I think I may have failed! I know that most people don't feel too hot leaving the exam, but I think I messed up simple dilution calcs! :wtf:

I am going to be ecstatic if I pass!

How did you do today? I had some random questions that didnt even make sense. like i had to read an EKG graph...

Hi noodle123. My test was a real clinical , I had about 20 questions about stoma and it was a real shock in addition, I got alot of biostatics and smoking cessation stuff!!!!!!! What about u,how did it go , do u know how we will get the stores,will it be mailed or there is a way to check it online ?! By the way , I guess I know what EKG u're talking about,lol...is this the question where the choices were 1,2,3,4
:)))))

Hey I feel ya...same here I took the prenaplex night before got a 74.....however I did feel like i did better on the naplex....but I feel like i guessed on most of my 12 math questions...i got that ekg ques...random stats compounding....its weird that im remembering the ones i got wrong and im beating myself up about it....it was too late for me to reschedule my test date....I just hope and pray to god that we pass...and honestly thats to only thing we can do right now ...good luck to you I pray that you pass !!!...focus on the MPJE if u havent taken it yet...and plus if things go bad yeah its embarrassing and its hard if u have bills but in 3 months when ur licensed no ones gonna care...its not a lifetime label of failure...you waited six + years 3 months is not that big a deal...but again pray...we will pass !!!

did anyone get his scores back? i took mine on monday in va....did u get yours noodle123

did anyone get his scores back? i took mine on monday in va....did u get yours noodle123

Hey , Well i know we have to wait 10-14 days for our scores...California mail it out.
i didnt have anything on smoking cessation, everything was patient case omg i was dying from it. everything was about hypertension and prostate. i had alot of math that was easy. and three stat questions i guessed on 2. o well now we have to wait for the news :confused:

i got the score for my naplex just today and thank god i passed...it is not a good score though but who cares....just keep me in ur prayers because i am taking the law tomorrow and the material is really confusing on its own !!!!!::scared:

Hey , Well i know we have to wait 10-14 days for our scores...California mail it out.
i didnt have anything on smoking cessation, everything was patient case omg i was dying from it. everything was about hypertension and prostate. i had alot of math that was easy. and three stat questions i guessed on 2. o well now we have to wait for the news :confused:
hey what state r u from? i took naplex about 2 wks ago still waiting for my result to come. anxiety is killing me and i hav mpje test tomorrow and i could not even focus on studying it. you said you hav to wait 10-14 days in your state? my friends got theres in about a week but i don't know why mine is taking so long..