What Do I Do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

castaway

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hiya,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Been looking through a lot of your posts to figure out what study strategy to use to study for Step 3. Bit about me: 2nd year ER resident, postponed the test for too long, must take it soon (so I can moonlight, haha), passed Steps 1 and 2 with no difficulty....

I am stuck because although I have bout a month before the test, I'll be pretty busy for most of this time......I've calculated 10 days off between now and the test. Should I just study Crush (which I have leafed through before) or should I do UW and try to get through as much of it as I can? I guess what I am asking is, how hard is it to just read a review book like Crush or FA and pass this test?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

if i were FORCED to choose one, i'd do UW questions.
then again, i haven't gotten my score back yet, so take my advice for what its worth...

read crush, do usmleworld q's, i did that for about 1 week. only got through half of usmle world q's. step 3 score was 230

Hang on a second...you have 10 days off in the next month?! :eek:

What rotation are you on?

(That's plenty of time to study, BTW!)

Members don't see this ad :)
as an er resident, you should be fine. you have a broad knowledge base already. i'm an im resident, and i read the non-im parts of first aid and skimmed crush. i would recommend first aid over crush. i finished the test today and i entirely overstudied. i finished today before noon (four hours early). as has been mentioned before, definitely go through the cd to get familiar with the ccs format. good luck! you'll do fine.