What do I do now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LloydDObler

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am finished interviewing (almost, but the last one will not likely change anything). I've sent my thank you notes with strong language indicating my preferences, both to PDs and to the docs I interviewed with.

Do I do anything else? Would it help me to send some emails to PDs or residents I interviewed with? I've received positive feedback from the programs I want to rank (by the way, does everyone interviewed get this, or people they're actually serious about... I don't want to have a false sense of my chances).

My main concern is that I interviewed very early at all of my top choices (like 1st interview days for my top 3 programs). Does this matter? Will they remember me when they do whatever they do to come up with their lists?

Just curious. Thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like it's Miller time.

Or, if you actually like beer, time for one of these... ;)

b0081504_12574816.jpg

http://www.stonebrew.com

I've received positive feedback from the programs I want to rank (by the way, does everyone interviewed get this, or people they're actually serious about... I don't want to have a false sense of my chances).

My main concern is that I interviewed very early at all of my top choices (like 1st interview days for my top 3 programs). Does this matter? Will they remember me when they do whatever they do to come up with their lists?

Just curious. Thanks...

I really think they do this stuff with anyone they rank. I have gotten letters from every program director that I have interviewed with, even the ones who told me they wouldn't be doing that (I haven't gotten any phone calls). I had one tell me I would be ranked "at the top" of their list. As long as they don't say you' re#1, they're legal. At weaker programs I do think if you show more interest they'll rank you higher, but at most I think that they will make up their mind about you based on your interview day and your record. I'm no expert, that's just my opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
at most I think that they will make up their mind about you based on your interview day and your record. I'm no expert, that's just my opinion.

This is my gut feeling as well. And if I'm not mistaken, resident selection committees meet as often as once a week during peak interview season, and you are ranked shortly after your interview. Of course that can change, but I'm not sure it can change drastically enough to make a difference in you getting your first or second or whatever choice.

Good lord...is it MARCH yet???!!!!! :rolleyes:

Hi! Can anyone tell me about North Central Texas Family Medicine program at Wichita Falls, Tx? I'm still decideing if I will go.Thanks.