what did you do with step 1 books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Summer.Thunder

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
after u took it, did you keep them for future refernece or sold them, etc?

are they needed for the future? like step 2 and 3?

Members don't see this ad.

I sold everything except for my FA, which I may ocasionally reference for bugs or drugs.

You should hang on to FA, as some sections are useful for Step 2 prep. Selling
the rest of your material is fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sold everything except for my FA, which I may ocasionally reference for bugs or drugs.
Could you please tell me where is the good place to sell Step 1 material. I finished Step 1 exam, almost all materials I got from Amazon. I am not good at selling stuff. Please give me some suggestions.
Thank you!

At my school we just email out the classes (MS1 and MS2) below us sometime in the fall with a list of all of the books we want to sell, the edition, the condition and the price we are asking. It works really well and everyone wins out (you sell, they buy for significantly cheaper)

oh, really? i thought that maybe you need pathology, physiology and pharmacology books. after all, who can remember every diseases, drugs, etc? you guys never had any problems after step 1?

The thing for me was that there were always much faster and better resources after step I to look up information. I kept all of my major resources (Robbins, physio text, biochem text) just in case, but honestly I have found that in 3rd and especially 4th year rotations, you only need uptodate, micromedex and google. If you have these 3 things, you can find almost anything that you need to know.