What DAT do I need?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrBoneless

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the DAT on the 27th, I've been studying since May and I'm feeling a little nervous about how I will do. My current stats are: 3.96 GPA, 3.90 sciGPA, a wide array of extracurriculars, 2 excellent LOR, 2 good LOR, and 50 hours shadowing. (I know shadowing is a little light, but I have a lot of volunteer hours and I'm doing a 200 hour practicum in the fall for dentistry at my Uni.)

What DAT score should I be shooting for? I want a 20-21 but if I do worse will I be alright?

Also secondary question, can I update my application with more shadow hours in September-October and make a difference in interview offers?

My top choices are U-Michigan and U-Minnesota, and I'm from South Dakota so we don't have a state school here which, from what I've heard, gives me a small edge over those with a state school.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, You'll be fine with lower than 21 but that's not the way to think. Shoot the for the highest score possible. Think of it like you have a 3.0 GPA and need a high score. You have a 3.9. I'm sure you know how to study so don't be nervous.