All Branch Topic (ABT) What COMLEX score does one need to land military EM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mCATintheHAT123

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Also, would taking the USMLE help me out with the military match (i know it would for civilian match)?
Any other factors that could boost my chances of landing EM other than research and good rotation grades?

I've applied to all three branches. I'm assuming Army would give me the best chance since it has the most residency spots. Or maybe AF since it seems they frequently grant deferrals and I'd get a go at AOA and ACGME spots (I'd take the USMLE too in this case) too if I don't land an EM AF spot.

thank for the help in advance and happy holidays!

Members don't see this ad.

Above average scores needed. EM is very competitive in the military. Nope you pretty much described what you needed to do. Just be the best student you can be. In the arrrrmmy.

AOA?...good luck. If you can make it to the top ten percent of your class I will tip my hat.

EDIT: added old army recruitment tag line

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What COMLEX score would I need to be competitive?

Soo..above the average??

out of curiosity..what would an average score land a person (other than primary care)?

Why don't you just try to get the best grades and board scores you can and then see what is available to you. Does it matter if I told you you needed a 600 vs a 550 score? Would it make you work any harder during medical school?

I am goal oriented. I need a magic # to strive for and for a sensical reason.

Does research really help matching into EM in the military? I've been reading it hardly helps on the civilian side

You want to be the best applicant as possible. EM is getting more competitive by the year. Go for gold my friend. Act like you have to do everything perfect and then let the cards fall where they may.

You want to have the best application you can, that would include research, good board scores etc etc