What Class Should I Pick?

DowningGR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am a new member of SDN. Well anyway, I'm currently attending a Canadian High School. (Grade 10)

Well we received our course requests for grade 11. We are allowed to choose 8 Courses and a 9th choice just to negate issues if a course is not supported one year.

Well I have the following issue.

In the following what should I pick? (8th and 9th Choice)

Biology 12 (I am also taking Biology 11 Next Year)
Geology 12 (Plate Tectonics)
Sociology 12 (Human Behavior)
Oceans 11 (Study of Oceans)

I was firmly against taking Biology 11 and 12 in the same year because people had issues with having Biology 12 in the first term, and then Biology 11.

I have all my other courses selected, and I would like to hear your opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, I am a new member of SDN. Well anyway, I'm currently attending a Canadian High School. (Grade 10)

Well we received our course requests for grade 11. We are allowed to choose 8 Courses and a 9th choice just to negate issues if a course is not supported one year.

I was firmly against taking Biology 11 and 12 in the same year because people had issues with having Biology 12 in the first term, and then Biology 11.

I'd go with whichever interests you. I personally would do Soc and then Oceans, assuming that Biology 12 is not an acceptable alternative. Ideally I'd do Bio 12 and Soc.

Definitely biology 12. It's basically human anatomy and physiology.

There was an interesting question on the government exam worth 6 marks.

How will the body respond if he has an arterial opening when he is born. Discuss 6 ways

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends what interests you, however I'd make Bio 12 a priority.

By the way, I did get a chuckle out of reading "Oceans 11" ;)

Bio 12 for sure. IF you can take more than one i suppose Socio is not bad....
But you will need BIo in college, it is very unlikely that you will need any of the other ones to fill a natural/physical science requirement as Bio, Chem, Physics, Orgo (pre-reqs for med school) go over the limit to the requirements.

Dude, do whatever interests you. Dont worry about taking bio if you dont want to, i mean you have the rest of your life for bio. Your in highschool take something fun and interesting. Soc was a very fun class, and it was pretty interesting. Dont stress, do you.

Welcome to SDN!

I would do whatever you think you'll enjoy most and excel at. Also if you've had a more basic form of the class before then it might be a good idea to try something new... especially with classes like Biology that you'll be likely to take in college.

I would take that sociology class or whatever it was. It's nice to take at least one class per semester that gets you out of the math/science way of thinking.

I'm going to guess that your other eight classes are mostly science/math based, so I suggest you take Sociology. I also took that in Grade 11 with a heavy science load and found that class to both enjoyable and incredibly easy. The last thing you want to do is bog yourself down and then ending up with a lower grade in Bio 12 than taking it the year after when your course load is potentially smaller.

I'd def. go for oceans 11.