What are you doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yep. :) Former Haligonian here (and constantly missing it), transplanted to Charlottetown for vet school.

I miss it too - I was the only idiot in the theater who cheered during World War Z at the Nova Scotia part:laugh: :naughty:

I'm not sleeping. I'll blame the Pepsi Max - which is wonderfully absent of calories but filled with some nearly intolerable amount of caffeine.

I'm trying to plan my day as well. I want to go see The Conjuring but I also have way too much laundry to do and I have to do some simple grocery shopping.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got done rating some of my profs on ratemyprofessors.com :smuggrin:Well okay...some of them were good;)

I brought home 5 baby songbirds for the night. They need to be fed every 15 minutes, but they're super cute!!!

Just carried SO's stuff down to his car and said goodbye to him and our dog. :( Probably another month or more before I see him again...silly job. At least we got 16 hours to see each other even if half of that was spent sleeping.

Drew a Doberman last night and finished it this morning.... going to add it to my etsy store :D

doberman.png

Debating sending an e-mail to a faculty member I've yet to meet to see if she's got a research project going on. She's got a DVM and I'd love to be a lackey if it relates to animals. :D

Off to get my serum banked in case I get exposed to any horrible, deadly things in vet school...

Members don't see this ad :)
Staring at my computer screen trying to think of what to write in my statement of intent.

Devyn, you are amazingly talented! I want to buy that Doberman for my boss who loves her Dobbies...maybe I'll stalk your store to see when it crops up :smuggrin:

Thanks TRH! The Dobbie is up in the shop now if you get the inkling :smuggrin:

Ahhh I love them all!! Especially the Dane one! Very cool!!

Thanks! :)

Im about to give my home care opossums their first pedialyte feeding -- grape flavored. Not that they'd know, with the whole tubing thing :rolleyes:

I've never heard of this before? Can you explain...?

Umm yeah I don't really get it either? Just told we had to get it done, so I did.

Edit: I found this on a university website "The purpose of serum banking is to give the University the ability to compare serum obtained after an acute illness or exposure with serum obtained before the illness or exposure began. "

I'm getting ready to leave work. After tomorrow I will finally get my first paycheck after 4 weeks. I'm really hoping that I overestimated taxes and become pleasantly surprised by whatever amount is deposited into my checking account. :)

(Not that it will last. :()

Taking pictures of cows cause that's what cool kids do on saturday mornings...
2013-08-10 06.56.21.jpg

Last edited:
Sitting in the large animal ICU dying of hypocaffeination. .
I am SO tired after getting called in on emergency last night. Didn't get out until almost 1 am, had to be back by 7 am, and I'm stuck here til 5. I really want to go out tonight since tomorrow is my birthday but I'm starting to think I'm going to be too tired. (I'm old and get tired easily lol) :-/

I am SO tired after getting called in on emergency last night. Didn't get out until almost 1 am, had to be back by 7 am, and I'm stuck here til 5. I really want to go out tonight since tomorrow is my birthday but I'm starting to think I'm going to be too tired. (I'm old and get tired easily lol) :-/

I want to go out, too, but hubby says we're too poor now :(

Let me know if you do wanna go out for a drink, or if you wanna do something tomorrow on your birfday! :) I am sick of organizing and cleaning. Not my strong suit. I don't have money either, but I think I can afford a drink and/or a meal.

Let me know if you do wanna go out for a drink, or if you wanna do something tomorrow on your birfday! :) I am sick of organizing and cleaning. Not my strong suit. I don't have money either, but I think I can afford a drink and/or a meal.

Theoretically there is either alcohol with food animal rotationmates or rodeo with vet school friend happening tonight, and more alcohol tomorrow. Probably Finnegans if they are open . Theoretically. Haha. You are more than welcome to come drinking! You can stalk me on facebook or send me a message here.

Theoretically there is either alcohol with food animal rotationmates or rodeo with vet school friend happening tonight, and more alcohol tomorrow. Probably Finnegans if they are open . Theoretically. Haha. You are more than welcome to come drinking! You can stalk me on facebook or send me a message here.

We were thinking about going to Pawnee for the rodeo tonight since it is just down the road... Husband is at auction right now so I can't get a for sure answer but if you decide to go message me! Same to you Lupin!

We were thinking about going to Pawnee for the rodeo tonight since it is just down the road... Husband is at auction right now so I can't get a for sure answer but if you decide to go message me! Same to you Lupin!

Yup, that's the one :laugh: I've got a friend who literally lives right around the corner from the rodeo so I am all too familiar with Pawnee lol

Sitting with my lab mix on my lunch break. She is still a little drunk, but she has clean chomps now and peed on the Dr while under. That's my girl.

Have a good time! I think I'll stick close to home for a bit. The dogs are just now starting to relax. My female hasn't left my side since we moved, which also has something to do with me having been gone a week just prior.

Well we were going to go but there was a long line of cars over 2 miles so we just picked up some beer and backroaded. Now watching hell on wheels.

Waiting to see who will be the first of my friends/peers to wish me a happy birthday. I'm officially and completely in my "late twenties" now. Damn it.

I'm also not saying anything to my coworkers on Monday about my birthday. I almost let it slip on Wednesday to my supervisor, but I decided to just leave it at "my parents are coming this weekend." Not why though. I'm weird about these things.

Web surfing with Rocky and Bullwinkle playing background having finally gotten my kitten, Spatz, to sleep after being a little terror all morning starting at 5 AM. How was this done? By accidentally dropping my cream cheese bagel on my leg and having said kitten get a morning snack. :laugh:

Waiting to see who will be the first of my friends/peers to wish me a happy birthday. I'm officially and completely in my "late twenties" now. Damn it.

I'm also not saying anything to my coworkers on Monday about my birthday. I almost let it slip on Wednesday to my supervisor, but I decided to just leave it at "my parents are coming this weekend." Not why though. I'm weird about these things.

Happy birthday!

Birthdays are fun. Own it! (At least for the day. And then you can conveniently forget how old you are for the rest of the year :laugh:)

Hope your birthday is fantastic, too cowgirla!

P.s. I love rocky and bullwinkle lupin!

Congrats! You're almost an adult! ;)

(Teasing. Seriously, happy birthday.)

Tease away.

I just bought an owl sweater and watched Futurama and South Park all weekend. While I may be getting chronologically older, mentally, I may be regressing. In two years time, I'll probably be hunched over on the floor playing with Barbies and My Little Ponies.