What are some topics you should’ve studied more before your DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LidocaineMane32

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that we will get different versions of the DAT and we should take it with a strong foundation of the material BUT which topics do you wish you had prepared more for? Which topics showed up more/less on your actual DAT than you expected? I’m learning my strengths and weaknesses by doing an overview right now (BC and DD) and am having a hard time making myself learn the kingdoms/phylums.. etc. one reason is bc its a little boring to me and another is not wanting to spend too much time on something that may or may not show up. I understand that we should have a strong foundation going into the tests but what was your experience while dealing with this? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

If you’re having a hard time in kingdoms/phylums I recommend watching youtube videos by craig savage on animal diversity. He had a playlist of videos on animal diversity that helps you see how everything comes together. His voice is really monotone and makes me want to sleep but to avoid this I play his videos at 1.5 speed. His videos really helped me learn rather than just memorizing a chart. It’s nice bc it makes you take notes to create a nice tree diagram at the end. I hope it helps u!! And good luck studying! :)

P.s. also watching bunch of YouTube videos on biology has helped me visualize for anatomy and physiology! Another one I recommend is crash course and Armando Hasudugan videos are nice too!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I would highly recommend know every question and answer in the DAT Destroyer book. Trust me, all of those are important, and when a question that you otherwise wouldn’t have studied pops up, you will be happy you put in the time. I recommend checking out Dr. Romano’s Dynamite Biology review. It is free on his Facebook page, and covers everything you need to know for the Biology portion of the DAT. The review paired with the DAT Destroyer will lead you to success. Dr. Romano also has free videos on YouTube. They are entertaining and very helpful for cementing concepts for the DAT. I would check that out too. A topic I personally wish I had spent more time on was the QR section. The Math Destroyer is literal GOLD for this section. Make sure you go through that book 2 plus times. It will be time VERY WELL spent. Best of luck to you!!

Reactions: 1 user