What are some good PCAT prep materials?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2DEG

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all:

I am posting this on behalf of my wife. She is now taking chemistry courses. She is hoping to take PCAT in 2005 and apply for 2006 class. Can anyone suggest some good prep materials for PCAT?

Her undergrad was in a healthcare related field. We contacted couple of schools and they told her that they will waive few course requirements. But one school wants her to take 6 hours of humanities. So, I am thinking classes in sociology, philosophy would satisfy the requirements for humanities right? If anyone can recommend some easy courses, I will appreciate it.

Thanks,
shahab

Members don't see this ad.

there has been mutiple threads regarding this kind of material. i suggest u do a search and type in PCAT in this forum. you should get a lot of hits.

shahab said:
Hi all:

But one school wants her to take 6 hours of humanities. So, I am thinking classes in sociology, philosophy would satisfy the requirements for humanities right? If anyone can recommend some easy courses, I will appreciate it.

Thanks,
shahab

Sociology may count toward social and behavioral sciences instead of humanities. Philosophy is good for humanities. But there are some easier courses: literature, foreign languages, history, geography. However, different schools may require different things. I would call the school and ask if a particular course fits the humanities requirement.

Members don't see this ad :)
shahab said:
Hi all:
But one school wants her to take 6 hours of humanities. So, I am thinking classes in sociology, philosophy would satisfy the requirements for humanities right? If anyone can recommend some easy courses, I will appreciate it.

Actually, just taking the humanities courses at a community college would be the easiest way to go. It's just studying art, music, literature, architecture, and culture of a specific period. Nothing is in great depth and it was fun and interesting.