Medical What are my options with a low GPA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in a tough situation and I don’t know what to do. I am a senior majoring in mls and premed. My cgpa is 3.03 and cgpa is 2.7. For my senior, I am doing a mls clinical at a different school which I have a gpa of 3.9. These are all science courses so I am hoping my science Gpa will go up but my school only takes these hours as transfer credit meaning it will not reflect on my school’s gpa but it will be calculated for the aamcas when I apply to med school. So I am not really sure if I should delay graduation and take more advance classes to get the gpa up or do a smp program. I know delay graduation is cheaper option. I don’t really know. My FL mcat has been 515 and I am thinking of taking it in may. What should I do?
Read this:

Members don't see this ad.

You need to take the time to calculate out what happens when you incorporate your MLS courses into your cGPA and sGPA. I suspect the answer will be that you still need to take some time to repair your GPA, but we can't advise you if we're just guessing at what your AMCAS GPA actually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.