What are my odds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drtongue_danger

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I was just wondering what kind of odds i have at getting in at SGU, Ross or AUC? I have a 3.6 GPA with a 3.5 Sci, and a 20 on the MCAT. I am a EMT, worked labs, lots of research, vol. work and working at a hosbital. let me know thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would re-take the MCAT, and re-apply to U.S. allo schools. But if you really want to go the Carib. route, then you can do that with those credentials.

drtongue_danger said:
Hey I was just wondering what kind of odds i have at getting in at SGU, Ross or AUC? I have a 3.6 GPA with a 3.5 Sci, and a 20 on the MCAT. I am a EMT, worked labs, lots of research, vol. work and working at a hosbital. let me know thanks

I am not as experienced as Leukocyte when it comes to Caribbean schools, but I agree that your GPA and life experience will get you through the door. If the MCAT was taken long after school, the score will be understood.

Members don't see this ad :)
drtongue_danger said:

Hey,

I'm in the same boat. Want to go to SGU. 3.5 GPA, 3.3 Sciences, 19 MCAT. I am am EMT, worked labs, lots of research, vol. work and working at a hospital.

tiredofwaiting said:
Hey,

I'm in the same boat. Want to go to SGU. 3.5 GPA, 3.3 Sciences, 19 MCAT. I am am EMT, worked labs, lots of research, vol. work and working at a hospital.

Definitely re take the MCATs after taking a class and doing lot and lots and lots of questions(I did nothing but questions the last month before the exam and the week before I took a full length test each day- great vacation huh?) Get your scores at least to a 30 and you'll be competitive for US schools. (7 and below on each section is the kiss of death for US schools)
Luckily the MCAT is something that is easily(relatively) fixed- low GPA take a lot longer.

drtongue_danger said:

Good news. All you have to do is retake the MCAT!