What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

made you look

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are my chances for MD/DO schools for the 2012-13 application year? I am in deep consideration of MD/DO programs in the United States as well as MD programs in the caribbean.

Stats:
- Overall: 3.2/4.0
- Science: 3.0/4.0
- MCAT: 35
- Shadowing Hours: ~150hrs (2MDs and 3DOs)
- Hospital Volunteer Hours: ~100hrs
- Research (Just got this position two days ago)
- One medical mission trip to Haiti for two weeks.
- About 4 leadership positions held in college including president for one of them.
- Handful of other extracurriculars including: dancer for 3 years, intramural sports, and clubs (cultural and pre-professional).

I know my GPA isn't where I planned it to be, but I was sitting at a 3.0 my senior year and I was able to boost it up to a 3.2. I also realized that with my low GPA I intended to help my cause and bolster myself with as much shadowing I could get done. I also just received that research position about two days ago so I haven't really gotten my feet entirely wet in it, however I will be researching throughout the summer and through the fall semester.

Thanks, and I appreciate you guys' opinion and support.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey DOCBERT thanks for replying to this thread and my other thread! means a lot to me personally.

As for exceptional ECs, what would you consider stellar?