What are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys, please at least attempt to be constructive and civil.

Members don't see this ad.

Doesn't the bible say not to lie?

Also, why don't you go back to your high school section?
:thumbup:

Stars was created by man, the bible was divinely inspired by God through man.

God may or may not exist but if he does, Star Wars was also divinely inspired by God through man.

If you want to get on a discussion on creation vs evolution, God vs no God, that is ok, but YOU WILL LOSE.

Actually no one can ever win this argument. There is really little proof either way, but as of right now evolution does have the upper hand.

All I can say is be careful with what you say. At my sisters medical school interview two years ago, there was five professors, physicians, etc from the medical school in front of her asking questions. Turns out, 2 of them were christians, 1 having done medical missions in Uganda, another had a brother that was a pastor. The two professors were methodist, but believed in God. Needless to say, because of the common ground she shared with them, and well of course other factors as well, she was accepted and is current an M2.

Why the dig at Methodists? I assure that your sister being Christian had absolutely nothing to do with her getting into medical school.

Let's get this back on topic, please.

Any way, with your stats and ECs you must retake the MCAT. You should try to get a 27 and if not studying is the reason you did so poorly then take a prep class, by some books, study with other people at your school, or hook up some books on tape.

Last edited:
you have got to step up your game.
War, dudes sucking tree out of other dudes domes

Sure, you got a 3.9+ GPA from your undergrad, but a 3.9+ from a no-name college is CLEARLY DIFFERENT from a 3.9+ at a top school, regardless of whether your schools' course materials are comparative to that of a top school.
I disagree, a lot of top schools have ridiculously late drop periods, and are in general easier to get high grades at.

At the end of the day, if given the choice betw non-URM candidates A and B, most of the time they will select the candidate who came from a top school than a no-name school or state school, unless that candidate is absolutely a gem. You can check out any med school's class stats and most of them accept people from top schools first.
I also disagree with this. At most schools undergrad institution plays little or no role in accepting/rejecting someone. The only time I think it matters is if you went to the school as an undergrad and are now applying to the med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sure, you got a 3.9+ GPA from your undergrad, but a 3.9+ from a no-name college is CLEARLY DIFFERENT from a 3.9+ at a top school, regardless of whether your schools' course materials are comparative to that of a top school.

We're not talking about the difference between Harvard University and Eureka College - this is a 3.9+ GPA at bible college, which in the hierarchy of things ranks just above diploma mill and just below community college.

I shall clarify what I said earlier.

We're not talking about the difference between Harvard University and Eureka College - this is a 3.9+ GPA at bible college, which in the hierarchy of things ranks just above diploma mill and just below community college.

Where did I even mention about Harvard? Note, I just said a top school, a big difference, so it can go from anywhere like NYU to an ivy. period.

War, dudes sucking tree out of other dudes domes

No idea what kind of derogatory meaning you're trying to get at.

I disagree, a lot of top schools have ridiculously late drop periods, and are in general easier to get high grades at.

Now you're just over-generalizing, bc I come from a top school and it's not "easier to get high grades."

I also disagree with this. At most schools undergrad institution plays little or no role in accepting/rejecting someone. The only time I think it matters is if you went to the school as an undergrad and are now applying to the med school.

I strongly disagree. Like I said, check with the med schools' class profiles on their websites. More times than not, med schools (top tier AND low tier) will tend to accept people coming from top schools. Now, whether these accepted applicants matriculate or not is another question. Read my previous comment again, bc nowhere did I mention that the med schools select people SOLELY on school ranks. All I said was they are more prone to select a candidate from a top school in the end.

OP: Retake the MCAT. That's really the final answer. You have a good GPA, good EC's, etc. Drill the MCAT. Buckle down and do it.

On a side note (and I don't really engage in these conversations normally), don't worry about what others say about your college. Yes, Bible colleges are notorious for being poor in their science curriculum. However, your school fits you and it may have a strong curriculum. Other people feel the need to validate themselves by bashing other's schools, disciplines, ideas, whatever. It's life, and there is no need to argue. A few of the posters clearly have an anti-religious bias and an axe to grind, so let them. It is a free country (thank God). It's painfully obvious from some of the comments they most likely haven't had a rigorous study of philosophy and theology. Now, if I might generalize and stereotype from my experience here in TN, neither have many teachers and students in Bible colleges. However, that debate has no bearing on your success of achieving an acceptance to medical school. So don't worry about it. Put your head down and barrel through and get the MCAT score you want. Good luck!

Last edited:
No idea what kind of derogatory meaning you're trying to get at.

Not trying to be insulting, I thought I was talking to a fellow clone. If you don't understand it its not worth me explaining. If you do understand it I am really happy with myself.

Not trying to be insulting, I thought I was talking to a fellow clone. If you don't understand it its not worth me explaining. If you do understand it I am really happy with myself.

haha, phrase is too corny to even warrant an explanation. :thumbdown: