what are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

antmon

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am a third yr medical student interested in urology, I have no research and would prefer not to do any research, but i have a 3.5 GPA, 236/95 step 1, really good evals from my surgery and internal medicine rotations. But after talking to my friends in the 4th yr I am unsure of my chances. And was wondering if their is any thing I can do to improve my chances and if I should take step 2 early

Members don't see this ad.

Research and publications would certainly bolster up your chances...I would try to get your name on something urological that will be published...it will give you some sort of an edge...

Just do well on your 4th year rotations in urology. Try and rotate at a larger univeristy with known faculty who can write you a good recommendation.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have started to look into research and have recently gotten my grades for the first half of my thrid year and A-ed surgery, IM, and neurology which i hope will also improve my application

Sounds like you are on a good track....Keep up the good work!