This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcdreamy102

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
F

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What state are you from? Most likely you'll want to apply state MD, maybe a few out of state schools with low stats, and then a bunch of DO. The 3.3 sGPA is going to be your biggest hurdle

What state are you from? Most likely you'll want to apply state MD, maybe a few out of state schools with low stats, and then a bunch of DO. The 3.3 sGPA is going to be your biggest hurdle

I am an Illinois resident. So im guessing UIC, Loyola ? What is a good number of school's to apply too. Is it worth taking a gap year to boost my sgpa up? I would concurrently be doing more research/hospital volunteering in the mean time.

First of all, thank you for taking the time out to read this.

Major: Psychology
cGPA: 3.67
sGPA: 3.34
MCAT: 510

EC:
Med schools don't care what your major is, only that you do well. Being a Hafiz ul - Quran is rare; I've only met two in all the years I've been interviewing. But skip LUCOM and Loma Linda.

I suggest getting in more non-clinical volunteering, as in service to others less fortunate than yourself. Show off your altruism.

And please, I don't care what those fools in marketing call it, it's Dunkin Donuts, not Dunkin!

I suggest:

Rochester
Albert Einstein (maybe)
Emory
UCF (maybe)
Pitt (maybe)
U Toledo
U VM
Miami
Tufts
George Washington
Georgetown
SLU
Albany
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
MCW
VCU
EVMS
Wayne State
Wake Forest
Netter
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
Loyola
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Oakland-B
Seton Hall
Nova MD
U ILL
SIU IF you're from southern IL
Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me.

Status
Not open for further replies.