MD What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BenignBeignet

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
MCAT: 513
GPA: cGPA 3.65, sGPA 3.55
Of note:
I’m a transfer student; CA resident. Straight A’s in organic chem (1&2) and biology (1&2) at my CC. Also got B’s in Physics (1&2). One A and one B in gen chem series. BUT i got 3 C’s (precalc, calc 1&2). A in stats at CC. Transferred to UC Davis, straight A’s so far (physiology, biochem, cell biology, immunology, applied stats, genetics, and probably will continue to get straight A’s, i think UC Davis is a cakewalk).

Extra-curricular: While I was in community college and got my C’s, I was working full-time.

So since I started college I was a full-time Emergency Department Technician (EMT certified, phlebotomy certified, ACLS, PALS, BLS certified; all together ~2,500 hours as ER Tech, extremely hands-on).

I also was CPR instructor for 6 of those months on top of ER tech (~300 hrs).

Volunteered at hospital for 610 hours

Part of Big Brother Big Sisters (i was a “Big” for a 9 year old from a disadvantaged family) for 80 hours.

315 hours of research, submitted for publication

80 hours UCI Summer Pre-Medical Program, Mentor to high school students

I’ve done about 20 hours of volunteering with homeless people (food serving)

Shadowing: 60 hours abroad, 40 hours in US

And currently im working at UC Davis Medical Center 24 hours a week in the Burn ICU (also very hands-on, so still racking up hours)

At my CC I also mentored an international student for a year, and I was the secretary of our pre-health club for a year

What kind of schools do you think I should apply to? Here’s my list, so far, haven’t accounted for my MCAT score though:

University of florida.***

UC Davis***

University of Illinois***

Louisiana State ***

Tufts University***

Michigan State**

University of Minnesota***

Ohio State***

University of Pennsylvania***

Texas A&M***

University of Wisconsin-Madison***

University of North Carolina

UCSF

UCLA

University of Washington

Oregon Health and Science

Baylor

University of Michigan

Uni of Colorado

Uni of Nebraska

Dartmouth

Boston uni

Uni of utah

Uni of Iowa

Mayo

Uni of north dakota

Uni of chicago

Uni of nevada

West virginia uni

Penn state

uni of vermont

Uni of texas austin

UCI

Uni of virginia

University of arizona

U mass

UCSD

U Miami

NYU

Rutgers

Uni at buffalo

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You need to get the MSAR and use it! Many of the schools on your list are state schools that are not friendly to OOS.

Reactions: 1 user
You need to get the MSAR and use it! Many of the schools on your list are state schools that are not friendly to OOS.
Dang I really liked the state schools... thank you so much! I will check it out and look closer

Your school list is not realistic with your stats. You have many state public schools on your list that accept very few non residents with no connection to the state and your stats. I suggest these schools:
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts
Boston University
Albany
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Einstein
Seton Hall
Penn State
Drexel
Temple