What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hales124

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Date of submission: Next cycle asap
Overall GPA: 4.0 (after grades this semester may be a ~3.97)
Science GPA: 4.0
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 4.0
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 21AA, 19PAT, 24 RC, 23 QR, 19TS
State of Residence:
Florida
-- APPLYING TO LECOM, NOVA, UF (specifically what is my chances for there and tips for them)
Undergrad Attended:
University of Central Florida
Major: Biology
Minor: Math
Minority? No
Reapplicant? no
Nontrad? no

Shadowing Experience: GD-- about 200-300 by the time I am done
Volunteering Experience: ~200 for various groups
Employment: 2000-3000 hours as a health inspector at the Florida Health department (3 years part time)
Research: None
Other Extracurriculars: Division 1 lacrosse (1.5 years at Mercer); club lacrosse (2.5 years at UCF); leader of a community health initiative group that volunteers at homeless shelters
Relevant Honors or Awards: employee of the month at Florida Department of health; midfielder of the year for lacrosse team, president's list every year, will be either summa cum laude (top 2.5%) or magna cum laude (top 5%) by graduation time in spring 2019
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere:

I'm pretty good at playing darts

Members don't see this ad.

Looks great! Have a compelling personal statement and letters of evaluation that really speak about your strengths and I think you have a great shot. I was accepted to LECOM and Nova this cycle with far less. Great work!

Is this a troll lol?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is this a troll lol?

No, I don’t really know a lot about the application. I go to a big state school (UCF) so it’s much harder to get 1-1 time and figure out what is going on. I didn’t even know when the cycle opened until it was too late otherwise I would have applied in June for this cycle. Specifically I want to go to NOVA or LECOM or UF. I don’t even know if like you can post like “10 hours of volunteering here and there” where other people have huge bulk hours.

I don’t even know if like you can post like “10 hours of volunteering here and there” where other people have huge bulk hours.
You can. It just looks better to have more hours at fewer places.