This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ash90651

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys what do you think my chances are at schools like NYU, Temple, Nova, UCSF, University of Florida, Meharry, Boston University, Western U, amongst others. Along with 24 AA 23TS and 22PAT with my lowest section being a 22 I have a 3.4 overall GPA and 3.3 science. I have 350 hours of shadowing with another 100 hours of volunteering in hospitals, homeless shelters, clinics, etc. My best extracurriculars include being founder and captain of a nationally competitive dance team for 4 years. Multiple shadowing experiences, educational psychology research just to name a few. What do you guys think of my odds at these schools? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

What's your state of residency? For UCSF, if it's not CA, then slim chance- so many applicants have been getting rejected with stats the same or higher than yours. For UF, I don't think they're very OOS friendly so don't apply unless you're a FL resident. I think your stats are pretty good for the other schools you listed. Good luck!

What's your state of residency? For UCSF, if it's not CA, then slim chance- so many applicants have been getting rejected with stats the same or higher than yours. For UF, I don't think they're very OOS friendly so don't apply unless you're a FL resident. I think your stats are pretty good for the other schools you listed. Good luck!

I'm a Georgia Resident attending UGA. Honestly just banking on my DAT and extra-curriculars mostly to hopefully get into UCSF or UF haha

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a Georgia Resident attending UGA. Honestly just banking on my DAT and extra-curriculars mostly to hopefully get into UCSF or UF haha
I'd honestly save yourself the money applying to UCSF, and think hard about UF. If money's no issue, then by all means apply to both, but just based on what's going on with UCSF lately (here), I wouldn't apply lol. Entirely up to you! Good luck with whatever you do!

Even so, I feel like your chances are pretty slim especially at UF

I interviewed at UF this cycle, one student I talked to was OOS, but I believe he said there were only 2 other OOS in his class. So that makes 3 out of his entire class, very competitive out of state.