What are my chances-Texas late applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Texasdoglover

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I am having major anxiety about my late TEXAS application and was wondering if maybe I should retract my application and wait to apply next cycle...opinions, thoughts, ideas??

Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.75
BCPM GPA 3.71
Non-BCPM GPA: 3.78

MACT: 516
- Chemical and Physical Foundations: 128
- CARS: 130
- Bio/Biochemical Foundations: 129
-Psychology/ Sociology: 129

I have:
-solid leadership experience,
-Preformed researched for two semesters my freshmen/sophomore years
-Extensive volunteer experiences such as working at a refugee home, feeding the homeless, teaching underprivileged kids math etc... but I've never volunteered at a hospital/clinic
-Shadowing include Gastroenterology (abroad, a month every weak day 7am-4 pm), radiology (abroad, two weeks, four hours/day), Primary care physician (USA, A month 9 am- 3 pm 3 days/week)
-internship in Guatemala working with health organization (1 month at a time for two summers), included helping organize public health projects and shadowing doctors/nurses/community health workers

I also plan on shadowing at an Level 1 ER in august (planned activities) and might go back to Guatemala to perform research for the organization I've been interning with (more planned activities)

Finally, I submitted my primary application July 4th and plan on submitting my secondaries by the 10th of august.....

Thank you for the advice, bless you all :)

Members don't see this ad.

You should receive several interviews from your Texas schools as long as your secondaries are submitted by the end of August.

Reactions: 1 user