What are my chances? (realistically)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dew024

Reaction score
I just graduated with a coms degree. I hated it through and through and did not take it seriously, which led me to a series of failed classes and an overall GPA of a measly 2.6. (I took one biology class in the mix).

If I got a second bachelor's degree in Biomed with a 3.7 + GPA would I still be able to get into med school?

Is there a chance that I could just not report my first degree to them? I’m going to a different college.

What are my options here? Am I just screwed?

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a chance that I could just not report my first degree to them? I’m going to a different college.
Shall I tell you every case in which this resulted in a rescindment of acceptance?
Some of them precede the internet...

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just graduated with a coms degree. I hated it through and through and did not take it seriously, which led me to a series of failed classes and an overall GPA of a measly 2.6. (I took one biology class in the mix).

If I got a second bachelor's degree in Biomed with a 3.7 + GPA would I still be able to get into med school?

I am learning the process of everything myself currently so I may not have any concrete advice but I do want to say “where there is a will there is a way”. The traditional path to medicine doesn’t always work for everyone but there are many other paths you can take. So don’t give up and find your way.

If you did not take science courses outside the one bio class you mentioned (math counts too), it will be easier to show a strong science GPA if you do well going forward.

Reactions: 7 users
It might help to shadow and work in a health care environment before throwing yourself into a second bachelor's degree or a postbac. Community service off-campus and away from the clinic setting also helps.

Reactions: 6 users

Do not fail to report any of your earlier classes whether you did poorly or well.

Yes, you can still show seriousness and ability and get into medical school. It will take time, hard work, and commitment, but it can be done.

Reactions: 1 users

Read my post on reinvention for pre-meds