What Are My Chances? - Postbac Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jds1989

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Please see my below stats, hoping for some guidance on my chances of getting into the more competitive postbac programs.

sGPA: 2.52 (This is rough, I know, but these classes were all taken over 10 years ago and my grades do trend upward.)
cGPA: 3.42 (Undergrad)
cGPA: 3.81 (Graduate)
BA, Psychology
MA, Cinema Studies
Over 300 hours of non-clinical volunteer work
80 hours shadowing an MD and research MD

I am applying to:
  • Bryn Mawr
  • Goucher
  • Scripps
  • Tufts
  • Mills
Any other suggestions on my chances here, or structured cohort programs that I might have luck with? I know my stats aren't great, but this is something I am really eager to succeed in.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

Please see my below stats, hoping for some guidance on my chances of getting into the more competitive postbac programs.

sGPA: 2.52 (This is rough, I know, but these classes were all taken over 10 years ago and my grades do trend upward.)
cGPA: 3.42 (Undergrad)
cGPA: 3.81 (Graduate)
BA, Psychology
MA, Cinema Studies
Over 300 hours of non-clinical volunteer work
80 hours shadowing an MD and research MD

I am applying to:
  • Bryn Mawr
  • Goucher
  • Scripps
  • Tufts
  • Mills
Any other suggestions on my chances here, or structured cohort programs that I might have luck with? I know my stats aren't great, but this is something I am really eager to succeed in.

Thanks!
I don’t think you’ll have much luck with Bryn Mawr, Goucher, and Scripps. Those programs take students with a history of high academic achievement and your undergraduate GPA is too low. I would recommend a DIY postbac or semi structured program due to the number of courses you will likely need to take to rehab your sGPA. Where are you located or interested in living? Geographically your current list is all over.

Definitely a bummer to hear, but I appreciate the response. I'm willing to move anywhere for a structured postbac program. Was hoping to avoid the DIY route since I do best in structured learning environments, but maybe that's best at this point. Thanks again for your help.