This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CardioThora

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Only been in undergraduate for one semester (or two including one class over the summer). Spring semester my grades were C, C, C, and D (ahole professor whose online website crashed and didn't submit my final assignment. She had no sympathy, moved it from an F to a D) and over the summer, I received an F stupidly. The reason why is because I misunderstood a message from the controllers office, I couldn't pay that semester so I received an email saying that if I didn't pay it in full soon then my course would be cancelled (I thought they were talking about the class I was currently taking) so I was like, well I know I won't be able to pay it, and they're gonna just cancel my class after all the work I've done, so I'm not waking up at 7AM anymore. So I stopped going to the class because I thought the school cancelled (even when I went to check online it was no longer showing up on my schedule) only to find out they meant fall registration for the next semester... and that the reason my class appeared to be cancelled was because of a glitch in the university's website. *sigh*

So anyways, those were the grades. The D was in English, F was in Sociology. I had to be out of college this fall semester because of financial reasons and of how down and exhausted I was from my little rough patch. However I've learned a lot in this period of time, I kept trying to find new things to put my passion into but at the end of the day, medicine is what I found myself drawn to, dreaming of doing work for MSF one day, and watching any show about medicine (real shows about real interns not greys anatomy although the drama is good haha.)

I was thinking of maybe going back, I was only in college because I wanted to do medicine. I feel different now, like maybe if I ease into it, go back as a half time student, take an easy math course, redo the English, and the sociology, maybe I could have a second chance? School had me down and depressed, I'm definitely better now, but it was just school stress that had me like that. The transmission was too much too soon on me, and I feel better prepared now. So if you guys could give me any tips, or opinions on how to bring GPA up, or if you think this will ruin my chances at medical school. Anything really, please and thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Only been in undergraduate for one semester (or two including one class over the summer). Spring semester my grades were C, C, C, and D (ahole professor whose online website crashed and didn't submit my final assignment. She had no sympathy, moved it from an F to a D) and over the summer, I received an F stupidly. The reason why is because I misunderstood a message from the controllers office, I couldn't pay that semester so I received an email saying that if I didn't pay it in full soon then my course would be cancelled (I thought they were talking about the class I was currently taking) so I was like, well I know I won't be able to pay it, and they're gonna just cancel my class after all the work I've done, so I'm not waking up at 7AM anymore. So I stopped going to the class because I thought the school cancelled (even when I went to check online it was no longer showing up on my schedule) only to find out they meant fall registration for the next semester... and that the reason my class appeared to be cancelled was because of a glitch in the university's website. *sigh*

So anyways, those were the grades. The D was in English, F was in Sociology. I had to be out of college this fall semester because of financial reasons and of how down and exhausted I was from my little rough patch. However I've learned a lot in this period of time, I kept trying to find new things to put my passion into but at the end of the day, medicine is what I found myself drawn to, dreaming of doing work for MSF one day, and watching any show about medicine (real shows about real interns not greys anatomy although the drama is good haha.)

I was thinking of maybe going back, I was only in college because I wanted to do medicine. I feel different now, like maybe if I ease into it, go back as a half time student, take an easy math course, redo the English, and the sociology, maybe I could have a second chance? School had me down and depressed, I'm definitely better now, but it was just school stress that had me like that. The transmission was too much too soon on me, and I feel better prepared now. So if you guys could give me any tips, or opinions on how to bring GPA up, or if you think this will ruin my chances at medical school. Anything really, please and thank you.
You need to stop blaming everyone under the sun for your failures.
You need to take school seriously
You need to evaluate why you are failing
Other people have similar issues and do well in College.
This is not the end of your career, but you have to show growth from these occurrences and move forward with a steller record.
Medicine is still possible, but you need to start taking responsibility for your grades.

Reactions: 6 users
How many of these threads are you going to make? How many freshman years have you had?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
practically all the same thread

Attachments

• capture.PNG
    capture.PNG
    40.6 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: 5 users
Obviously I know this. I'm asking you guys about how long do you think it would be to pull it up? I was gonna start off slow half time then build up so that I can make sure I am not overwhelmed at all and gets As in the courses.

Obviously I know this. I'm asking you guys about how long do you think it would be to pull it up? I was gonna start off slow half time then build up so that I can make sure I am not overwhelmed at all and gets As in the courses.

How long depends on your performance. If we're talking straight 4.0s from here on out, you'll probably be at a really, really good GPA 2-2.5 years from now. If your performance only somewhat surpasses that spring semester, it'll be a very very long hill to climb. That's on you bro. My advice to you, judging from how many threads you have made on sdn already, is you need to stand on your own two feet. Is it doable? Yes. That's all you need to hear from anyone on SDN. Get to work!

I
Wouldn't take another course until you are ready to work and more mature.

Reactions: 1 user

Mother of God that's a lot of excuses...

Reactions: 3 users