What are my chances? honestly...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kadbury

waiting...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
First of all congrats to everyone who has been accepted!:thumbup:

I've been a lurker for the longest time ever, and have finally decided to be heard! :cool:
My freshman year screwed my gpa as I took all my pre-req's together in a hurry to get done with them (bad decision in the end)
:oops:
Currently my science gpa is 3.2 and overall is 3.48. DAT : 20/19/17
I already had an interview at Boston and Buffalo. Got waitlisted at Buffalo even thought I go to undergrad here. Haven't heard anything from boston yet(interviewed in Nov)
I have interviews in NYU and Tennessee coming up... but Buffalo is my no. 1 choice. do you guyd think I can make it in this cycle?
Sorry for the long post, but all this waiting is really getting to me... :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

i don't want to get your hopes up but i think you have a chance. your gpa is not that bad at least its above 3.0 :) and your DAT scores in TS and AA are average or above in the real world. i don't know tho

Members don't see this ad :)
rocknightmare said:
i don't want to get your hopes up but i think you have a chance. your gpa is not that bad at least its above 3.0 :) and your DAT scores in TS and AA are average or above in the real world. i don't know tho

:laugh: :laugh: Hey, rocknightmare: maybe you do have a sense of humour after all.

To the OP: nice stats, you'll definetly get in somewhere. Sorry about buffalo though. Don't listen to this joker - your stats are solid. Good luck!! :luck:

Your stats look fine for NYU. I got accepted by NYU having 3.3 Sci gpa and 18/19/20 dat. Dental schools also take into consideration your extra curricular activities, shadowing, research and personal statement. As far as I know, your interview pays 30% when hey decide is if you should be admitted or not.

Applying early is the key with your stats!

Boston and NYU for sure!

Buffalo, you still have plenty of time, so don't give up. U might be a second round pick up.

This admission game is like the NFL draft, there are still multiple rounds. First round, supposid studs.
2nd round, good enough to be first round, but hey you're not that good.
3rd round, good enough
4th round, were taking a chance on you
5th round, you're the last, you had something, but you need a lot of work.

So as long as you get picked up, doesn't really matter when, just as long as you get in.

Kadbury said:
Hi everyone!
First of all congrats to everyone who has been accepted!:thumbup:

I've been a lurker for the longest time ever, and have finally decided to be heard! :cool:
My freshman year screwed my gpa as I took all my pre-req's together in a hurry to get done with them (bad decision in the end)
:oops:
Currently my science gpa is 3.2 and overall is 3.48. DAT : 20/19/17
I already had an interview at Boston and Buffalo. Got waitlisted at Buffalo even thought I go to undergrad here. Haven't heard anything from boston yet(interviewed in Nov)
I have interviews in NYU and Tennessee coming up... but Buffalo is my no. 1 choice. do you guyd think I can make it in this cycle?
Sorry for the long post, but all this waiting is really getting to me... :scared:

Not sure why rocknightmare is being sketchy about it..your gpa is very good and well above 3.0. A 3.5 is excellent in my opinion. The academic average of 20 is also great. You shouldn't have any problems at all..

As some of the other posters have hinted at, you should be fine. Hang in there and make sure you win 'em over in your next to interviews just in case your #1 doesn't grant you a coveted seat in their next class. Oh, and welcome to SDN and please jump into the many conversations we have going on here. :thumbup:

JavadiCavity said:
i think you're good. when did you apply?

I applied early July(#828). I have 50 hours of shadowing, plenty of community service and good LOR's.
Thanx for the welcome sprgrover, I already feel like im home :)

Kadbury said:
I applied early July(#828). I have 50 hours of shadowing, plenty of community service and good LOR's.
Thanx for the welcome sprgrover, I already feel like im home :)

And if the whole dentistry thing doesn't work out you can always go back to your old job of being Richie Rich's butler

Couldn't help it....sorry! :)

your chances look pretty good to me.