What are my chances getting accepted to Ku med 2018?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr.Warrior

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
To keep the information short and to the point. I have a 3.8 GPA, Exercise Science Bachelors with a minor in Chemistry. The rest of my application is well such as work actives, letters, etc. The only thing that was bad was my MCAT, I got a 487, but scores 125 Chem/Phys, 124 Biochem sec, 119 CARS and 121 on Psychology. I know I should have prepared more and im a Kansas resident. I am planning on becoming a Psychiatrist in Kansas, so I can help give back to my community. I would love any helpful feedback. Especially from people who are attending or just got accepted to ku med.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are you URM?

Chances are not good. Your MCAT is 20 points lower than their average. GPA is good, though.

You should definitely look to retake the MCAT.

I don’t think you have any chance of any MD acceptance with your MCAT score. I don’t think you have any chance at any DO school either. You need to retake the MCAT but not until you are consistently scoring at or above your target goal on practice tests. Another horrible score and you might not recover.