What are my chances at Ross?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No I'm not a troll...

You-are-the-weakest-troll-Goodbye.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
guys its real..

just retake the mcat, your gpa is perfect for Caribbean schools

Members don't see this ad :)
See. Don't you feel bad now, Pons? It's been reals all along.

Can a mod close this thread? This thread is getting rediculous.

:laugh: at the thread

a 13 is just about as impressive as a 40 is in my book, in the sense that i dont think i could get a 13 if i tried.

It's a troll!

Anyone can photoshop. This took me literally less than 1 minute. I didn't even bother adding them up.

2u94wsk.jpg

That shop is horrendous :laugh:.

I am going to have to disagree that the OP's scores are shopped (obviously, I could be wrong). I use photoshop often and can usually tell. Just for kicks I viewed his image at an absurdly high magnification every thing seemed to be in order (not shopped IMO).

OP, retake MCAT, don't worry about the haters.

I do however, think you grossly underestimate what a physician does on a daily basis. Before retaking the MCAT, you should probably decide if you want to be a physician, or a physician assistant. I have to admit it seems like you're pretty indifferent. If you figure out which path you prefer, you can work to improve your application for that pathway instead of trying to do both simultaneously.

That shop is horrendous :laugh:.

I am going to have to disagree that the OP's scores are shopped (obviously, I could be wrong). I use photoshop often and can usually tell. Just for kicks I viewed his image at an absurdly high magnification every thing seemed to be in order (not shopped IMO).

OP, retake MCAT, don't worry about the haters.

I do however, think you grossly underestimate what a physician does on a daily basis. Before retaking the MCAT, you should probably decide if you want to be a physician, or a physician assistant. I have to admit it seems like you're pretty indifferent. If you figure out which path you prefer, you can work to improve your application for that pathway instead of trying to do both simultaneously.

I just want to help people out, sick people in particular. I know I can do that being just a nurse, or a CNA for god's sake, but I also have parents that want me to be nothing but a doctor. As in, go push shopping carts at WalMart for a living or be a doctor.

stop making excuses for why you bombed the MCAT. pull your stuff together and get studying for a score that will at least make you competitive for an SMP.

Ok so I haven't taken the MCAT - because I haven't had physics yet so I'll be taking a year off before I matriculate (if I get in) - and I'm not a regular poster - but you are being SLIGHTLY ridiculous.

I think everyone has already discussed your score. Your excuse regarding your hours is ridiculously invalid. I'm sorry, but I'm sure most people here carry 17+ hours every semester. I know I do along with research, a part time job, shadowing, etc. You realize medical school is going to be like drinking from a fire hydrant, right?

And another thing, most US medical schools - I would sincerely hope and probably bet - are going to see right through your motivations for practicing medicine if not on the personal statement, than surely on the interview. Wanting to help people is one thing, but the way you view a physician is just wrong in my opinion. If you're doing this because your parents want you to, then you can pretty much go ahead and buy a ticket to Unhappyville.

Thank you for this. Real or not, it has been hilarious and for that I thank you sir. :laugh:

I just want to help people out, sick people in particular. I know I can do that being just a nurse, or a CNA for god's sake, but I also have parents that want me to be nothing but a doctor. As in, go push shopping carts at WalMart for a living or be a doctor.

if you get a 30+ and do well in an SMP or post-bac (again, two major hypotheticals), I think you'd get many MD and DO interviews.

I mean, think about it. A 17 point increase is absurd, and many schools would have to be mind blown by that.

Retake the MCAT. I took it twice and saw a total of 16 point improvement from my diagnostic and ended up with a 99%ile. The first time I took it I got <30.

Since you're starting even lower you van improve your score by 20+ points if you work.