What are my chances at Brown and Tufts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snickers356

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I have a 512 MCAT 128/126/130/128 and my undergrad GPA is 3.58/3.33 (science) Psychology/Biology double major

I did a one year masters of biomedical sciences program and finished with a 3.73 gpa. I have extensive clinical and volunteer experience, specifically with underserved populations. I recently sent an update as I am becoming a certified Sexual assault victims advocate.

Have a good deal of clinical research experience, and some lab experience from undergrad. No publications.

Currently I am a market research analyst at a healthcare consulting firm (been there one year)

As some context of how I am doing so far: had 3 MD IIs, at SUNY downstate, Virginia Tech, and Robert Wood Johnson- have not heard back yet about acceptances.

Just wanted some honest feedback about my chances at both schools, as they are my top choices in an ideal world!

Members don't see this ad.

Better chances at Tufts then Brown. I'd say 50/50 shot. Don't expect anything from Brown, the majority of their students come from their undergraduate program.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
I think you're solid for Tufts, but they get so many applicants, it's a total crap shoot.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think you're solid for Tufts, but they get so many applicants, it's a total crap shoot.
Yeah that's exactly how I feel with all of the private schools that get over 9k applications. I don't know how they even possibly filter through them. I have had more success with applying to state schools even OOS

Yeah that's exactly how I feel with all of the private schools that get over 9k applications. I don't know how they even possibly filter through them. I have had more success with applying to state schools even OOS
Exactly, if I were to change one thing about my cycle I would have applied to fewer private schools and more state schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Exactly, if I were to change one thing about my cycle I would have applied to fewer private schools and more state schools.
Same I feel like I was definitelyyyyyy misinformed about that