What are good careers for those not sure about medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreekIsleSunset

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I just finished reading a few threads about those who regret going into medicine and a number of people said that they think other careers would have provided more income with less stress and greater freedom. I am wondering what careers they might be talking about?

For someone considering medicine and who has the skills (drive, intelligence,scientific inclination) what opportunities are there instead?

Members don't see this ad.

GreekIsleSunset said:
Hello. I just finished reading a few threads about those who regret going into medicine and a number of people said that they think other careers would have provided more income with less stress and greater freedom. I am wondering what careers they might be talking about?

For someone considering medicine and who has the skills (drive, intelligence,scientific inclination) what opportunities are there instead?

-Dentistry-Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery
-Podiatry
-PhD/Acedemic Medicicne
-PharmD

Optometry
Clinical Psych
Physician's Assistant
Nurse Practitioner

I agree with the above poster too about PharmD, especially working as a PharmD in a hospital. It seems like the PharmDs in the major drug store chains have things kinda tough (in terms of being harassed by customers all the time about random lame stuff) but I think the PharmDs in the hospitals have it pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.