what are acceptable excuses for being late which require no proof

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigpilllilpill

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
title

Members don't see this ad.

Car issues? I’m actually curious as to what some of the good ones are

Members don't see this ad :)
Infant/Toddlers sick.

Drawbridge goes up so you had to wait for the boat to make the crossing and that held you up 10-15 mins.

Pulled over by the cops on the way to work.

I forgot my ID at home so I had to drive back to get it.

Reactions: 1 user
Infant/Toddlers sick.

Drawbridge goes up so you had to wait for the boat to make the crossing and that held you up 10-15 mins.

Pulled over by the cops on the way to work.

I forgot my ID at home so I had to drive back to get it.
pulled over by the cops needs to be verified with a ticket

So seeing this thread thru the prism of the others you’ve created, this makes much more sense.

• Haha
in some places there are no excuses for being late - all count as an occurrence, you get so many occurrences before any displenary actions - but unless you have previous issues (at least at my shop) nobody really cares or keeps tract - again, unless you are a problem employee

Reactions: 1 users
Death!
As a Baby Boomer, that would be the only acceptable reason. Being late just shows a lack of discipline, dedication and work ethics. There isn't much that you couldn't plan for before your shift. As a former Pharmacy Manager, AND preceptor, there was absolutely nothing I hated more than tardiness. Show me someone who is late, routinely, and I will show you an underperforming, subpar pharmacist.
Trust me, I know this will be a highly unpopular opinion amongst you yung'uns. But you asked for it.

Reactions: 4 users
Death!
As a Baby Boomer, that would be the only acceptable reason. Being late just shows a lack of discipline, dedication and work ethics. There isn't much that you couldn't plan for before your shift. As a former Pharmacy Manager, AND preceptor, there was absolutely nothing I hated more than tardiness. Show me someone who is late, routinely, and I will show you an underperforming, subpar pharmacist.
Trust me, I know this will be a highly unpopular opinion amongst you yung'uns. But you asked for it.

I do think it’s important to point out the distinction between routine tardiness and a one time incident.

Death!
I consider myself late if I don't make it 15 minutes before my scheduled time. I also graduated last year and I agree with you.

Reactions: 2 users
Sigh, god…damn it….just learn how to use that time-y doo-dad device called a watch

surprised @Sparda29 didn’t just unleash a Rolodex of BS excuses he keeps on his night stand

So tired of young-ins with entitlement, never showing up on time (the bare minimum) …collectively makes all of us look bad. Do you really want to keep making excuses? Habits, impressions will have lasting impacts how others view and judge you

Anybody else who'd save Pablo Casales - perhaps the greatest cellist in the world with the possible exception of Yo-Yo Ma - from a fiery car wreck on Sunset Boulevard would be bragging about it, but not Josh. He didn't want to spoil the 11 o'clock news for you.

I do think it’s important to point out the distinction between routine tardiness and a one time incident.
In my experience there is very little distinction. Every person I know who is routinely tardy will swear up and down that THIS time was a one off. Meanwhile people who have a real one time incident are so few and far between it’s practically not worth mentioning.

In my experience there is very little distinction. Every person I know who is routinely tardy will swear up and down that THIS time was a one off. Meanwhile people who have a real one time incident are so few and far between it’s practically not worth mentioning.

Also fair. I’m not defending routing tardiness. I myself fall in the “if you’re in time you’re late” camp.

I guess what I was trying to say is people with real, one time incidents shouldn’t be looked down on.

I do agree with some kind of a point system or something of that nature. Allows for these kinds of one time incidents.

RXDOC spelled it out, and if it is a ONE TIME occurance , you WILL not have to be asking us for your excuse. It will be reasonable.

RXDOC spelled it out, and if it is a ONE TIME occurance , you WILL not have to be asking us for your excuse. It will be reasonable.
Holy crap you’re back! How’s things going since you left Wally World?