Western University Housing Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Karlee83

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an out of state student, and so, I am obviously clueless when it comes to housing in the area! I am sure I am not the only new student wondering "where am I going to live?" ;)

So I thought we should start a forum to get our questions answered by our future peers!

Here are my questions:

(1) Is student housing worth it (ex. the Helix)?

(2) Is Pomona a safe area to live? What parts of Pomona would you recommend?

(3) Where do most students choose to live?

(4) What other areas around/outside Pomona would you suggest to look for an apartment?

(5) What do you think about living alone vs. finding a vet student roommate?

(6) What about commuting to campus? Is it difficult? Public Transportation vs. personal transportation?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am an out of state student, and so, I am obviously clueless when it comes to housing in the area! I am sure I am not the only new student wondering "where am I going to live?" ;)

So I thought we should start a forum to get our questions answered by our future peers!

Here are my questions:

(1) Is student housing worth it (ex. the Helix)?

(2) Is Pomona a safe area to live? What parts of Pomona would you recommend?

(3) Where do most students choose to live?

(4) What other areas around/outside Pomona would you suggest to look for an apartment?

(5) What do you think about living alone vs. finding a vet student roommate?

(6) What about commuting to campus? Is it difficult? Public Transportation vs. personal transportation?

Thanks!
Hey there,
1., 2. the helix is very small and expensive, and Pomona, is not a nice place to live. Stay as far north of the 10 freeway as you can afford.
3.4., Most students live in Upland, or Claremont, much nicer areas
5. use Banweb to find a roommate if you think thats best, you will get a big sib that will tell you everything you need to know.

Karlee
Thank you for posting this thread. I will also be attending Western CVM this Fall and had the same questions! See you soon!!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,
I'm hunting for apts tomorrow and here are my top 5 places. Selection is based on online reviews and pictures so comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

1. Parc Claremont Apts
2. Vintage in Rancho
3. Stoneridge
4. Terramonte in pomona
5. Mountain Springs in upland

Thanks!

Hey everyone.... just wanted to give you all a heads up about a scam that has been going around. A couple of students from our class was scammed by a reality agency called VG Management. They ask for all your personal information to do a credit check; things such as SSN, Bank information etc. They are to get back to you with a list of places that are available and then you send them which ones you would like to view etc. But they never got back to them. This is just a way to get all of your personal info.... This is just a heads up..... They said their names were Sal, Monica, and there was a third one that I don't remember.

In short becareful... and use Western's website to be on the safe side!