Western U .vs. SGU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Destiny Dalesandro

Reaction score
I have been accepted to SGU, haven’t heard back from Western U yet. However I want to prepared just incase I do get in. I have spoken to a couple of people who know people at Western U telling me to pick literally any other school.Western is the only US school I have left and I need advice on what to do 😩 or from people who actually attend or attended these schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Why are people saying to pick other schools against Western? What are they saying?

Reactions: 1 user
I know someone who graduated from that school and those are two extremely different programs. Western U has a unique problem-solving based curriculum from what I've heard, have you looked deep into it? I think provided that you have to choose, it will come down to those differences.

I personally also think that it is fair to consider which school will be the cheapest as well. Throughout my entire veterinary journey I have always been told to pick the cheaper school and 9.5 times out of 10 I personally think that this is good advice. As future veterinarians we will acquire a great deal of debt so every little bit helps. Other than that the other things to consider are the curriculum (the problem based learning vs SGU's curriculum), location (would you have to move far, have you looked into life on an island), etc. I know vets who went to both schools and both were great doctors. It will just come down to your personal preferences

Reactions: 1 users