Western U- Pomona (or any other school) students stay in one place for 3rd year, or 4th?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jayhiller21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about the housing situation of Western U (or any other DO school) students during rotations. Can it work out so you can stay in one place for all of third year and have a fairly short commute, or do you have to move around a lot. Can't find much info on this. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering about the housing situation of Western U (or any other DO school) students during rotations. Can it work out so you can stay in one place for all of third year and have a fairly short commute, or do you have to move around a lot. Can't find much info on this. Thanks!
I'm at WesternU/COMP. Many of my classmates did schedule their third year rotations so that they would not have to move. But this generally means that they are choosing rotations primarily for location. Some also still have a long commute for at least one or two rotations. But yes, it's possible to live in one place for third year. Others of us move month to month. Most of the fourth year students I know have to travel at least once for away audition rotations, but this is because they choose to.

Last edited:
I'm at WesternU/COMP. Many of my classmates did schedule their third year rotations so that they would not have to move. But this generally means that they are choosing rotations primarily for location. Some also still have a long commute for at least one or two rotations. The school told us that they try to schedule all core rotations within a 50 mile radius of campus, but 50 miles can be a long way in But yes, it's possible to live in one place for third year. Others of us move month to month. Most of the fourth year students I know have to travel at least once for away audition rotations, but this is because they choose to.

OK, thanks for the info.
Do you know if it's a similar for NW track?

OK, thanks for the info.
Do you know if it's a similar for NW track?
I don't. Also ignore the 50 miles thing. There is a radius they try to keep it in but I'm not sure of the exact number of miles.