Western U Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjc_

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone can give some insight into how the interview for Western U was?
I know it is different for everyone but any information about what questions were asked, essay question, and how the interview structure /day was like would be extremely helpful!! Any tips and overall impressions are also welcome. Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hii, Thank you for the information. Is the essay subject about PT or it's general? Also, Do they tell you to complete all 3/4 pages ?
Thank you in advance for your help

How did you like the school? I have an interview coming up and I’m traveling across the country. I just want to be as prepared as possibly and make this traveling worth it. I’ve heard nothing but good things about the school so any insight or tips would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I’m also having an interview soon with WesternU. What kind of questions should I expect and how many questions do they ask in each interview window? This is my first ever interview and I read up about the school and all but I’m just not sure how to exactly prepare so that I don’t get thrown off during the interview >.<

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I’m also having an interview soon with WesternU. What kind of questions should I expect and how many questions do they ask in each interview window? This is my first ever interview and I read up about the school and all but I’m just not sure how to exactly prepare so that I don’t get thrown off during the interview >.<

They will try to ask as many questions as they can in 15 mins. They were pretty strict at not letting the interview run over 15 mins. And the interviewers have a big list of questions, so they just pick and choose from that list. I got a ton of "describe a time when..." Some questions had me describe situations that came up in undergrad. Hope that helps

I've been accepted to Western today and I interviewed early January. Feel free to ask for advice as well.

I've been accepted to Western today and I interviewed early January. Feel free to ask for advice as well.
How did your interview go and the essay as well? That’s awesome, congrats! How did you like the school and feel about the area? I’m from across the country so I don’t know anything about this area

sweet congratulations on your acceptance! are you going to attend westernU ?

How did your interview go and the essay as well? That’s awesome, congrats! How did you like the school and feel about the area? I’m from across the country so I don’t know anything about this area
Hey, what was your interview experience like? I just had mine today and I was just wondering how you felt afterwards and if you think you did well.

Hey, what was your interview experience like? I just had mine today and I was just wondering how you felt afterwards and if you think you did well.
Overall it was a pretty good experience! The essay prompt was great and I loved the school. The interview aspect was actually pretty intimidating and intense but I think I did ok. It was really hard to tell since the interviewers had poker faces. I’m on the waitlist so I guess it didn’t go terribly

Overall it was a pretty good experience! The essay prompt was great and I loved the school. The interview aspect was actually pretty intimidating and intense but I think I did ok. It was really hard to tell since the interviewers had poker faces. I’m on the waitlist so I guess it didn’t go terribly
Ah I see at least there’s still a chance for you! Haha how did you answer your questions? I felt like I was natural and pretty eased up but I didn’t mention as much personal experience as I would’ve wanted to

Ah I see at least there’s still a chance for you! Haha how did you answer your questions? I felt like I was natural and pretty eased up but I didn’t mention as much personal experience as I would’ve wanted to
Exactly! Wish it was an acceptance but better than a denial. I think I answered the questions to the best of my ability. I tried to tie in my personal experience into my answers as well. Goodluck I hope you hear back soon! I heard back within 3 days of my interview

Exactly! Wish it was an acceptance but better than a denial. I think I answered the questions to the best of my ability. I tried to tie in my personal experience into my answers as well. Goodluck I hope you hear back soon! I heard back within 3 days of my interview
Yeah at least I didn’t feel too bad.. I just wished I answered some stuff differently and I feel like I misunderstood the writing prompt. I’m telling myself that I was being creative so we’ll see haha best of luck to you getting accepted!

3daya is super fast tho wth..

How soon did everyone hear back after the interview??