Western or Scholls?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigBaller48

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I’ve been accepted to both Scholls and western and I’m having a very difficult time deciding where to go. I currently live in Washington state and there are a lot of factors that I’m trying to consider when picking a school. Im kind of torn up between the two schools. They are both great and I was wondering if I could get some advice on which school to pick or whether one school had the advantage over the other in aspects. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm at Scholl so if you have any specific ques about this program then lmk.

When deciding between the two schools, think of the total cost of attendance, which is closer to family, weather, the overall environment you felt during the interview day, etc. Attend the school that will keep you sane and happy for the next 4 years...you can always go back to your state for residency. GL.

I'm from WesternU; please feel free to ask if you have program specific questions.

In addition to what was previously mentioned, class size, number of externship months, and programs to which students have matched in the past may be of interest. The closely shared curriculum with your osteopathic colleagues was a welcomed benefit in clinical years and beyond.

I'm grateful to attend the college of podiatric medicine at WesternU; but, if you dedicate yourself to your studies, you can succeed at either college :)

Reactions: 1 user