Western New England or Saint Joseph

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2015pharmacy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got accepted to both and I can't decide which one. Can anyone give me some advices?

Members don't see this ad.

St. Joes is less than 25 miles from my home, but it was never on my radar for this year. Initially, this was the school I wanted to go to, so I watched them pretty closely last year as they tried to open. It wasn't pretty- they got turned back by ACPE twice last year, the second time they couldn't enroll what they thought was going to be their founding class for fall 2010. A department chair and one of the deans left- it was a big disaster. :smack:

They got the go ahead to open from ACPE last month, so maybe things are better now...but why chance it?

Go to WNEC. I'll be going there unless ACPHS or SJF accepts me in the next week and makes me a financial aid offer I can't refuse.

Good luck with your decision!

St. Joes is less than 25 miles from my home, but it was never on my radar for this year. Initially, this was the school I wanted to go to, so I watched them pretty closely last year as they tried to open. It wasn't pretty- they got turned back by ACPE twice last year, the second time they couldn't enroll what they thought was going to be their founding class for fall 2010. A department chair and one of the deans left- it was a big disaster. :smack:

They got the go ahead to open from ACPE last month, so maybe things are better now...but why chance it?

Go to WNEC. I'll be going there unless ACPHS or SJF accepts me in the next week and makes me a financial aid offer I can't refuse.

Good luck with your decision!

Thanks for your advice. :)

Not great or correct info here. School was never denied but pulled their app once, not twice. Now full pre candidate status and accepting students. First class starts aug 2011. Located on the 3rd floor XL Center in Hartford. Full faculty and staff up and running.
However, very different that WENEC. Requires BS degree with proper pre requisites. WENEC is the traditional 2 plus 4 while SJC is Bs degree then just 3 years instead of 4 as you go year round. Also, different style of teaching and learning. SJC uses blocks (one course at a time instead of 4 or 5) with active learning. Great for the non traditional student