Program-Specific Info / Q's West Coast vs Stanbridge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kevOT

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I wanted some feedback. Which program would be your choice and why if you were able to choose between a MSOT program at Stanbridge University for roughly 110,000 or an OTD program at West Coast University for 114,000? I was looking into reviews for the program at WCU but could not find any. I also found Stanbridge has a better ranking in terms of program. Any response would be appreciated! I would be commuting and the distance is fairly the same.

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted to Stanbridge and also considered West Coast but I never applied. I was asking WCU whether they would approve my prerequisites before I turned in my application and they pretty much had to pay and apply first before (and pay two fees) I found out. I spoke to other students who also got application fees collected just to learn they were ineligible. Stanbridge student services has been so great the whole process. WCU doesn't even have info sessions (which I found strange). A lot of great feedback for the Stanbridge program. I also saw a better job outlook for Stanbridge graduates. Also, an extra year of the OTD will not really matter when it comes to employment opportunities, as what I've seen in Occupational therapy forums. In my opinion, it's better to finish earlier and be able to apply for jobs sooner to cover the cost of your degree.

Reactions: 1 user