Welcome to the newest SDN Forum!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SDN

Welcome to SDN
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
SDN is pleased to announce the nontraditional's forum! This is a forum for students that are entering the health professions later in life.

This forum is intended to compliment our SDN Partner Site, http://www.oldpremeds.org originally founded by David Kelley, one of the original moderators at SDN. Please visit their site for more information about students with nontraditional backgrounds!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah!

Thank you, thank you!

:love: "...A place for us, someday there'll be a place for us..." :love:

I love it here. :thumbup: *wipes tear*

Members don't see this ad :)
*sniff* And I'd like to thank UNTlabrat *bow* Without her this wouldn't have been possible. My life is COMPLETELY different now. And the support structure is in place for me to suceed! *sniff* Thank you again! :love:

YAY! :D

Thanks Lee! although I am probably one of the oldest...at the young age of 38 I feel like I am in my twenties...folks if you are applying this cycle consider Mayo. I started here yesterday and I feel so comfortable with my class! there are quite a few non-trads represented and the trads are just amazing..

Sweet! A place to park my Hoverround!

Thanks, Lee!

Finally, a centralized place to find answers to all my questions about nontrad applicants :thumbup: Thanks guys/gals. I look forward to asking questions, after the August MCAT of course :)

Yes! Somewhere I can

+pad+ .

UNTlabrat said:
*falls down and breaks hip. Shakes fist at Kinetic* :laugh:

No! Not the good hip!!

+pad+

Members don't see this ad :)
kinetic said:
No! Not the good hip!!

+pad+
*Pops Geritol and takes a nap while waiting for medics*

Good night

efex101 said:
Thanks Lee! although I am probably one of the oldest...at the young age of 38 I feel like I am in my twenties...folks if you are applying this cycle consider Mayo. I started here yesterday and I feel so comfortable with my class! there are quite a few non-trads represented and the trads are just amazing..
Yeah, but your grades have to be nigh-on spectacular, no?

Our own place here on SDN. Cool
cool17.gif

What is now needed is a Biomedical sciences forum. (PHD) RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Kinetic is into geriatrics. I can smell it.

Dr Dean said:
What is now needed is a Biomedical sciences forum. (PHD) RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Ditto. You hear me, Dr. Mom????

Hey, if you guys have any older threads in the other forums that would be more appropriate here, PM me a link to the thread so that I can check it out & move it. :D

The louder... the better!!!!!!
character56.gif

N1DERL& said:
The louder... the better!!!!!!
character56.gif

I love the panda! My wife was impressed with some of the animated avatars and I tried to find a website to show her where they came from, but I couldn't. Where did you find that panda?

YAY! I will probably become a more frequent poster now.

Thanks for this forum!

EMT2ER-Doc,

I love your Brain! That's one of my all-time favorite cartoons! :p

I bought a golf shirt from www.oldpremeds.com glad we have this forum now!
How are things going Moose? How frequent do you make it into Louisiana?

You're welcome Sir Moosie!
action-smiley-030.gif

Sweet! Thanks. Now I have one more place to make an ass of myself.

But if you plan on it being a forum for more than one nontraditional student, the apostrophe should move to beyond the S in "nontraditionals."

"Nontraditional's Forum" = the forum that belongs to that non-traditional person over there

"Non-Traditionals' Forum" = the forum that belongs to those non-traditionals (and their obsessively correct grammar, with capitalization and hyphens and everything) :smuggrin:

Febrifuge said:
...But if you plan on it being a forum for more than one nontraditional student, the apostrophe should move to beyond the S in "nontraditionals."

"Nontraditional's Forum" = the forum that belongs to that non-traditional person over there

"Non-Traditionals' Forum" = the forum that belongs to those non-traditionals (and their obsessively correct grammar, with capitalization and hyphens and everything) :smuggrin:
No, it's correct. It's MY forum. I'm THE non-trad. :smuggrin:

The insinuation in "non-traditional's forum" is that there are many who fit the idea of "non-traditional" (hence, the word 'forum', implying more than one participants). It's like when we say "wrapping up the retired vote," even though it's in singular, we know the implication is for a plurality, just a singular population or group, and of course, more than one vote :thumbup: .

In other words, welcome. :)

I'm cool with that. You're saying the forum is, grammatically, the same as the Reader's Digest. It's the Fisherman's Friend. Fair enough.