Weekend Call Schedules

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I do better moonlighting as a resident. This is sad.

I make 3200 a weekend working 16 hours..... What are you talking about. This is not as locuums or me traveling to a different state.

Members don't see this ad.

I make 3200 a weekend working 16 hours..... What are you talking about. This is not as locuums or me traveling to a different state.

How many patients are you averaging per weekend day?

lol dude rounding on 30 inpatients plus covering consults and ED questions is not worth 1600 bucks a day. If you spent 15 minutes total (notes and all) on 30 patients that works out to 7.5 hours. So either you’re working more than 8 hours each day or you’re doing the whole crappy write a one line note with a two line MSE after talking to the patient for 30 seconds.

Our residents get paid 100 bucks an hour for internal moonlighting for just covering the consult service on the weekends.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
As a resident, I drive 15 minutes to work, have my attendings to back me (but takes time staffing the cases), and hit a grand after seeing only 6 patients. Quality care (I hope), enjoyable work, interesting cases (sometimes), home for dinner with my documentation well in check, one day better for it, and all with plenty of gas in the tank to keep on with this marathon journey. I would except that to only improve once I put my attending hat on. Anything less, someone else can do it instead; it's a recipe for burnout.

lol dude rounding on 30 inpatients plus covering consults and ED questions is not worth 1600 bucks a day. If you spent 15 minutes total (notes and all) on 30 patients that works out to 7.5 hours. So either you’re working more than 8 hours each day or you’re doing the whole crappy write a one line note with a two line MSE after talking to the patient for 30 seconds.

Our residents get paid 100 bucks an hour for internal moonlighting for just covering the consult service on the weekends.

I get paid extra for each consults... If there's no new consults... Nothing not so I do follow ups.

Like I said it's regional... Pay is not equal all over the country and I'm not willing to move just for moonlighting. You guys need to post your location that you moonlight and how far it is from a major metro.

Also, many programs do not allow the residents to moonlight. I was not allowed as a resident.

I'm not spending 30 mins. Like someone said you are not going to reinvent the wheel.... Not going to restart that argument to each his or Jerry own. You can and should do what is OK with you and available in your local.